Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has AO gone downhill?

You know the problem with someone like me who has BOFH in their title, is that I save every message sent to me. This is the second one I've been talked about in, so I'm going to take your bait:

First off, I dare you to find ONE "female I've had a problem with" who isn't a lesbian man hater. We all know who I mean.

Now, in the US when you accuse someone of something, and it isn't true and you're more or less spreading a rumor and can't back it up, that's actually slander. Don't piss on my name, or you'll choke on it later. (I always loved that song)

TWO: I just woke up, haven't had coffee or a smoke, which must be the drugs you speak of Yes, I am quite addicted to Caffeine and Nicotine, just as most of the people here who whine about drugs also drink

And last, if you think for one minute I made up ANY story about my health, pay the fee and I'll personally sign off and let you view my medical history.

I have nothing to hide from anyone here, I've always been open about my ENTIRE life, even the **** most hide, and if you're calling out the big bad wolf you better have a silver bullet.

By the way you're the only person besides a few people here who really don't matter at all to ever say anything about my modding.

TAZ was the cure not the cause.

Any guy who likes "the cure" probably gets his nails done too. That singer sounds like a girly boy

Nihil asked the question...I answered...you may have matured since then, I really don't know, but denying that you were a drama queen back then really isn't fooling anyone.

OK now I'm confused... Where did I deny anything? I can see the posts and I see me admitting a lot but not denying a thing....

And for the record, ask some of the other seniors, half my posts "back then" we pre-planned on AIM or MSN as bait and most of you took it so quick I needed a whole new fishing pole.

TheHorse13 generally backs me up as I'd type it out and ask his opinion before posting some of it to see if it was "good" material for a laugh.

Must have been REAL good, you all still think it was real The last time I pointed out that it was for fun, someone said I was just saying it to get out of being a whiny baby, so I started sending certain senior buddies the text before posting it not only because it's proof I'm a great bullshitter when I say I am, but they seemed to really enjoy it.

Hell I'm surprised you don't remember being on shrekkie's old IRC with this. Lol, Horse would post the links for me into IRC where everyone who thought I was a big baby hung out and kind of wiggle the bait and post the link for me and then report back to me and have a laugh with me. I think I do have the logs for those conversations, but not all of them, I did it too much to log it all, but there are.... I think 3 or so other seniors who I would get in on the action with when we got bored.

EDIT:

I'm feeling generous today, so I'll even give the play book on this post here ^

Back in the day, when I got bored and saw a thread about how AO sucks, I could generally have it closed up within 3 days. Here is how for those taking notes on "The Icy Manipulator 101":

I replied stating not only my point, but some bait. People who generally get involved in these little threads, also generally like bitching. I noticed that, so I ran with it. I'd post some good bait, and the people who never post unless the topic is AO dying or sucking (like most of you in this thread) would see it and run with it and just go at me personally or whine about how AO was cooler when they were 11 and had their 28.8 connections.

I'd reply again basically with a blitzkrieg of funny yet insulting replies that were very carefully crafted in my easy bake bullshitoven, and that would REALLY piss them off, so then they would ALL reply, the thread would degenerate to nothing but flames, and then get closed, and I'd mark another one down on my list of stupid pointless topics I killed.

Now, some people who REALLY hated me started to catch on, but the easy part to get around that was NOW they hated ME personally, so I'd bring up my personal life, and bring it into the flame threads, and they would of course see it, and, well, hating me, concentrate on it long enough for my bull-o-meter to hit high gear and get it closed anyway.

It wasn't mean, it wasn't something I did if someone had a valid topic or concern, but in threads where people were flat out whining about how AO sucks now and NOTHING else, not realizing if they spent half that posting time on good replies to something like security or whatever else they wanted AO to be about, they'd have nothing to bitch about in the first place, which is ironic, funny, and easy entertainment.

So, since no one ever caught onto that, and you remembering my personal life is all the proof I'll need to know it still works to this day, maybe we can stop whining about what we want this place to be and post things that will turn it into that to begin with.

And if for whatever reason you like taz, that shouldn't even be an issue, I am also a member of the Magic the Gathering forums, and I don't talk about anyone here on there, and I go to be forums with no problem, so unless you just don't like AO and go there to whine about it when no one whines about this place here, then there really doesn't seem to be much point in logging into here anymore unless you go to both and appreciate both for what they offer you as a person. And if they don't offer you anything, you have two options:

You can either A: start posting something actually interesting and bring some fun back here.

Or B, Verpiss dich
    Last edited by gore; July 28th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gore
    And for the record, ask some of the other seniors, half my posts "back then" we pre-planned on AIM or MSN as bait and most of you took it so quick I needed a whole new fishing pole.
    Don’t forget PM’s were thrown back and forth on a regular basis, not to mention those conference room’s from back in the day certainly did come in handy.
    Lol new fishing pole, but yeah fun time’s there were had back in the day.

I've never seen a forum dwell so much on the past.

gore...assuming it was all just a game, assuming that it happened just as you explained it, I really wouldn't know, do you really think that this actually ' helped ' AO...or just caused unnecessary disruption

JPnyc...if you don't want people to post to certain threads then delete them...and tell your mods not to create them.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I've never seen a forum dwell so much on the past.
    There's a lot of history on "AO" and thus of course there's going to be a lot of talk about this that and everything else that happened in the good ol' days.

the site had it's good time's and unfortuanatly it's having one of those slumps. All community's go through it, this site is just taking a few more years to pull out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Egaladeist
    JPnyc...if you don't want people to post to certain threads then delete them...and tell your mods not to create them.
    Spoken like a true "Melvin".
    Last edited by t34b4g5; July 28th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egaladeist
    Who said anything like that?I was merely commenting on something I saw.