Someone please help.

My former employer is suing me for trademark enfringement based upon their "fact" that they claim 3rd party subpoenas will show that my IP address was used to post defamitory information about them to craigslist, which also points to several of my Yahoo email accounts.

I'm still currently unemployed and broke and although i've attempted to retain an attorney, I can't afford him for too long at $5000.00 per week.

My former employer is claiming that I have two IP addresses. When I looked them up, they report that one is in NJ and I'm located about 30 minutes west of downtown Atlanta. The other shows my IP in Brussels Belgium and another shows it in Amsterdam.

I'm not sure how I can have two IP addresses.

I use craigslist for a lot of different things, but this wasn't one of them. When you post to craigslist, they send a confirmation email. I never saw a confirmation email.

I also have an old (free) aol account. My former employer's attorney claims that one of the postings was also associated with that email account. I've attempted to change the password on this account, but apparently it cannot be done with a free, non-paying account.

My ISP is Comcast, but I had it disconnected for 3 days. Today when I had it reconnected, of course it has been reassigned a new IP address. Problem solved????

My computer is second-hand, purchased from a former co-worker with the same employer who is attempting to sue me.

I've never used Outlook, in fact, I don't know how, but it was always popping up whenever I tried to initiate an email through a link. I always had to copy/paste after closing Outlook. When I began digging further and finally got Outlook to pull up, I've found almost 900 emails to the former owner of this computer. In fact, it still has his name listed there as well as at the DOS menu box that comes up when you type in "cmd" in the "run" box.

Today, while speaking with the tech from Comcast, he verified that it is possible to get your IP address from an email, which is consistent with the information I have been able to assertain from the Internet. When I asked if it was possible to steal and use someone else's IP address to post to message boards, etc., he stated "absolutely."

All these things considered, I guess it's plausible, but considering my email address(es) breach(es), can someone help me put two and two together? Is there anything definitive?

My former employer now wants my computer to make a "mirror" of my hard drive. Initially I had no problem with it. Then they said they wanted to only look at the period (or dates) in question. That seemed okay too, until now. If someone has accessed my computer, either in my home or remotely, what can they find out???? If it looks like me, I'm afraid some judge (who will probably be as ignorant as I am), will go with 'expert' testimony of the former employer and I can't afford an expert to dispute their claims.

These people want my first born, home and to garnish my future wages for the rest of my life. I'm not stupid....I'm just broke. What can I do? Can someone help me figure this out????????

Thanks in advance.