Thread: Security Now Podcasts

Security Now Podcasts

If you haven't heard of this and are a fan of computer-related podcasts, you may like this:

https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

(you haven't heard of it?)
    "...to give correctly is to give them what they need from us, for it would not be skillful to bring gifts to anyone that are in no way needed."
    --Socrates

*Einstein Would Be Proud*

Thumbs up

I've been signed up to the mailing list for some time now, as i simply do not have the time to constantly check the site for new cast's.

I enjoy the podcast's that they release, sometimes there boring but most of the time i will replay them when i have some spare time.

Gibson Research Centre and Steve Gibson... I get better information when The Spec tells me to F**k off..

OK a bit harsh.. An honest review.. for Domestic users who get their jollies from Good morning USA.. some useful stuff but you have to read between the hype

Well that was my opinion a year ago.. I hope it has improved
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I get entertainment from them, and they sometimes have guests like Woz and such

Technically speaking, it is not usually in depth

give steve gibson some credit, he's not stupid to say the least
    leo on the other hand...
    "...to give correctly is to give them what they need from us, for it would not be skillful to bring gifts to anyone that are in no way needed."
    --Socrates

*Einstein Would Be Proud*

Quote Originally Posted by C:\Saw
    I get entertainment from them, and they sometimes have guests like Woz and such

Technically speaking, it is not usually in depth

give steve gibson some credit, he's not stupid to say the least
    leo on the other hand...
    Oh Steve isn't an idiot.. far from it.. he very intelligent.. BUT.. he is also a media drama queen.. and would do well in a TV Drama aka CSI, NCIS, Numb3rs etc (more likely the last 2)

(Please note.. My critique is based at an as a where I am now basis.. 10 years ago.. that is what I was ready for is it was valuable then.. and many here it maybe just that.. what they are ready for..

And if you never go any further in IT or ITS then that is all you will ever need.. BUT
    IF you want to move on.. You need to sift the wheat from the chaff in these reports and move on from there
    Last edited by Und3ertak3r; August 27th, 2008 at 03:21 AM.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

GRC is probably the single biggest joke in the security industry...

Gibson's a great example of somebody who knows what to say and who to say it to... it may not be security but he's got people convinced that he's right. Not listening to him is the best advice you can be given, but should you want to hear an interview, just ignore everything Gibson says.