Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.0.4 update released

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Exclamation Firefox 3.0.4 update released

You can see the release notes here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox.../releasenotes/

I'm hoping that this fixed some of the cookie issues. Now if I they could fix the bloatedness of FF, I'd be happy.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Bloatedness?

It is only a 7.1Mb download. IE 8.0 is 15.9Mb.

I really must dig out that old browser I was given............ fits on a 1.44Mb floppy with room to spare. ............... serious! it was a university project a friend's son did.

MsM, please stop downloading these:

Beta releases for the Bulgarian, Esperanto, Estonian, Latvian, Occitan, and Welsh languages are available for testing.
    We know you don't speak Occitan

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I was talking memory bloat. :P Leaving it run all day and it starts at 135MB and goes to 250MB (about 12 hours). Me thinks it's got a slow leak
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Ah! memory leak, now I understand.

At the moment it is at 115Mb, and that will be from about 8 hours ago. I am talking the latest release here.

Open it up and have 6tabs open and let the browser stay open for longer then 48hours.

ff can be an amusing thing to play with.

Banned
    Lets put it this way...

Ever since firefox 2 and up rolled along, I've been seeing less and less people suggesting to download and use that awful browser.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMittens View Post
    I was talking memory bloat. :P Leaving it run all day and it starts at 135MB and goes to 250MB (about 12 hours). Me thinks it's got a slow leak
    It's pretty much true of all Mozilla software. Apparently open-source developers don't believe in destroying variables. I used Blunderbird for a year. Precious few features out-of-the-box, used roughly 4 times the memory of any other e-mail program I've tried, and crashed on me twice, two different machines and operating systems, and I lost my mail each time. Mozilla's brilliance lies in marketing, more than anything else. Their profiles corrupt with a healthy sneeze.

Hi guys,

Open it up and have 6tabs open and let the browser stay open for longer then 48hours.
    To be honest with you mate, I don't use tabbed browsing.............. guess that has something to do with my age group?........... we can only handle one pr0n site at a time

To revert to MsM's intelligent comment:

I fired it up at 07.00hrs this morning and it was using ~90Mb.............. I let it run 'til now (11.42hrs) and it is at ~93Mb. That looks a little promising to me at least.

@t34b4g5:

I don't like letting electrical stuff run overnight unless I have to, but I guess I can continue this experiment up to 24.00hrs?

At work on Monday.................their electricity bill and their building to burn down

Don't know if it matters but it is XP Pro SP3................ I will try a shorter test on a Win2000 box later today.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Hi guys,

To be honest with you mate, I don't use tabbed browsing.............. guess that has something to do with my age group?........... we can only handle one pr0n site at a time
    I hate having a heap of browser windows open so tabbed browsing is a must have for me.
    And as far as pr0n site's go i have 4 monitors hooked up so i have browser on main, and pron streaming on 1 and other stuff on the other 2.
    i usually forget about the browser and get occupied watching pr0n
    @t34b4g5:

I don't like letting electrical stuff run overnight unless I have to, but I guess I can continue this experiment up to 24.00hrs?

At work on Monday.................their electricity bill and their building to burn down

Don't know if it matters but it is XP Pro SP3................ I will try a shorter test on a Win2000 box later today.
    shouldn't matter just make sure that each tab has some flash ads some graphics and it should slowly start leaking memory and when you go to use the browser after a few hours it usually starts to get a little hectik

I have to have tabs. Generally no less than 32 of em open at any given time.