Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHAT??

No he hasn't! We have identical amounts!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    No he hasn't! We have identical amounts!
    Go to your UserCP.

And look down the bottom of that page for " Latest Reputation Received" look to the right of that and you will see exactly how many total points you have.

Total Points wise he has a lot more then you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t34b4g5; January 21st, 2009 at 03:45 AM.

C'mon t34b4g5,

Tell my friend Moira the truth................ you both have "brilliant futures" whereas dinowuff and myself are jaded old farts who are "beyond repute"............. we have gone so far round the circle that we have become disreputable ("beyond repute?")

.. The second most replied to thread on the home page is one where a user with IQ between that of a dead rat and a burnt log of wood is asking if a site where adobe, Microsoft and Intel advertise is "an underground site". Not to mention his name - onlinetrade.com..

I mean for the love of God.. what have done wrong.. ?

With above 89 % of computers infected with malware and another few % of users with such high level of IQ .. EV SSL - is definitely NOT WORTH IT.. .. for all you know he may be running "let me access your machine - platinum edition (cracked)" on windows xp with service pack 8 downloaded of torrent..
    Last edited by ByTeWrangler; January 26th, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Oh come on now. Have a little fun. We've all seen people download "Ad_Aware" instead of the real one, and "SpyB0T Search and Infect" because they don't really know what to do.

t34g4g5, you can see my control panel as a moderator? Didn't realise. I don't think I can see how many points other people have, just their reputation and and statement. This person has far fewer posts than I do I see we both have brilliant futures anyway.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Hi Moira,

Long time no speak?............ how are you and the family, and how was New Zealand?

Yes, we can see the user statistics, sort of like we can see the files in the filing cabinet rather than just the index?

How the "new" reputation points thing works, I really have no idea. It is a mixture of points awarded by others and the number of posts I think?

Fortunately, this is not much used these days except for the proper reasons.

Personally I find it rather amusing that those who whine that the site is declining are those who argued against the old antipoints system being continued. It was the contention that attracted, but the quality of posts was crap.

Just look in the archives to see what I mean

Cheers,

Johnno

OH! and a happy New Year............. knew I would remember sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    t34g4g5, you can see my control panel as a moderator? Didn't realise. I don't think I can see how many points other people have, just their reputation and and statement. This person has far fewer posts than I do I see we both have brilliant futures anyway.
    Not your userCP. We have a moderator control panel, we can type in a users name and view there profile and other stuff.

Like email addresse, IP used at registration, amount of AntiPoints, People whom have assigned you antipoints and there comment.

We also have other things available just general tools that help us make our mod duties a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    How the "new" reputation points thing works, I really have no idea. It is a mixture of points awarded by others and the number of posts I think?

Fortunately, this is not much used these days except for the proper reasons.
    Johnno, here's a little info on the whole "Reputation"/AntiPoint thing.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation

JP's version was based on that, except it was obviously chopped up and manipulated to do different stuff.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; January 28th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.

Chopped up and manipulated? That's putting it fairly mildly isn't it? I was thinking more like this:

Imagine the following for a good example:

Using a BFG9000 on an Imp.

Using a Chainsaw instead of a paint brush.

A Jack Hammer instead of a ball peen hammer.... You get the idea.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I don't use my real name on this forum, but a misspelling of my first name. Either way, I wouldn't be too concerned. I can't really think of anything I have posted that I wouldn't want my employer to see. It's not like this is /b/ or something...
    JUSTIN!! I bet that's your name
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature