Thread: Whoops by the Telstra CEO

Red face Whoops by the Telstra CEO

Telstra CEO (our main phone carrier and largest ISP), Sol Trujillo was provided a pre-release smartphone that included unreleased hardware and software. It appears that he or one of his executives managed to get it stolen.

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...-15306,00.html

I am sure that this will be most popular with HTC and Microsoft.

I like the section:
    "What if news of those bugs is released early before a final version goes on sale. Those sorts of things could affect the shares of Microsoft,'' industrial espionage expert Les Goldsmith said."

Personally I would have thought they would be more worried about the IP of the new features in the unreleased hardware and software.
    I bet every pick pocket in spain is now trying to work out if they have the phone and which technology vendor would be willing to pay the most for it could be valuable!
    Last edited by cabby80; February 19th, 2009 at 06:06 AM.

"What if news of those bugs is released early before a final version goes on sale. Those sorts of things could affect the shares of Microsoft,'' industrial espionage expert Les Goldsmith said."
    Bugs in pre-release and beta versions are hardly likely to be considered significant. Also I don't think that this is mainstream to Microsoft's revenue stream.

Personally I would have thought they would be more worried about the IP of the new features in the unreleased hardware and software.
    I bet every pick pocket in spain is now trying to work out if they have the phone and which technology vendor would be willing to pay the most for it could be valuable!
    Well, you can be sure that the IP will be patented/copyrighted. Also all you get is pre-release object code. M$ are miles in front of you on the development front.