Thread: Anticode

Banned

Anticode

Anticode drew in more attention than this vulnerable, outdated, and spammed to sh*t page you call a downloads area.

It's been suggested a dozen times...

Bring back the AntiCode subdomain and let the users here fill it up with files.

AO's Filibustier Cheap Scotch Ron's Avatar
    this vulnerable, outdated, and spammed to sh*t page you call a downloads area.
    lame indeed. I agree with the assessment.

Given the previous interest and suggestions, I wonder if perhaps it has not been done for liability reasons. JP, any insight?

A compromise might be a page of links/descriptions to various tools home pages as opposed to links to the tools themselves. Nihil's Desert Island post (http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=277958&page=3) is a decent start. We just need a wiki kinda page that the group can edit/maintain.

csr
    In God We Trust....Everything else we backup.

That would be editorial, one of the editors will have to answer. I'm strictly the forum itself. I will alert them.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Anticode drew in more attention than this vulnerable, outdated, and spammed to sh*t page you call a downloads area.

It's been suggested a dozen times...

Bring back the AntiCode subdomain and let the users here fill it up with files.
    I agree ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

That'd be a liability nightmare, which is why it was closed a long time ago. Outdated? Spammed? It's current up to the 19th of this month, and is maintained by an editor, no spam is allowed to be added. You are talking about this page, correct:
    http://downloads.antionline.com/

Currently the downloads area is completely submission based, and we delete the vast majority of dodgy apps and obvious spam, hence the relatively low number of downloads. What types of downloads are you expecting to find?

Banned
    Very very very very rarely found Ollydbg pluggins. The two that I have in mind are outright works of art and should be in the hands of anyone with an interest in software.

Malware that isn't corporatised and warped into "normal software products". I have a few web based shells that I modified so that they could worm their way into webservers, for example.

Literary works. Actual Whitepapers. Mirrors of old news articles in relation to the site and it's members. Move the tutorials and newsletters there.

But to be perfectly honest, I just liked the design of Anticode better. Plus it was a true downloads area... not a random assortment of links thrown in every direction of my browser.