Thread: Thawte site seal issue

Banned

Thawte site seal issue

Looks like Thawte is having an issue - all site seals loading from siteseal.thawte.com are barely loading (if at all), so if you're displaying Thawte seals, you might want to consider taking them down temporarily.

According to a Thawte tech - and I quote - "It has been escalted to our engineers they are working on it should be soon up and running within couple of hours"

Banned
    Checked in with Thawte this morning (Live Chat), and was told the issue was fixed. I reinstate the seal, only to find out that it says "Invalid Certificate." Back to the Live Chat, only to be told (by the same support person) that "due to the fix on the server some of the order numbers need to be reset.. so youll need to do the following", followed by instructions on how to reconfigure the Thawte seal in the (Thawte) system, and that "your site seal on the website should automatically update within an hour of doing this."

So my next question is, of course, if I can take the seal down for an hour (while their system is updating), and put it back up when it's working (so that it doesn't have to sit there saying "Invalid Certificate" for an hour). Apparently, that's not an option - the certificate has to be active on the page. Soooo... after not having a site seal for the better part of yesterday, to put the seal back we'll have to have it sitting on our pages saying "Invalid Certificate" for up to an hour?!?

And all this without any word from Thawte - I had to find out about the issue from customers (when the pages weren't loading), then I had to contact Thawte again to ask if the issue had been fixed (even though I had asked them to send me an email letting me know when it's fixed), and then I have to contact them again about the "Invalid Certificate" message.