Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When *almost* everyone fail's .. (Web application security related / IIS)

huntersoft ripped it off from Halfdone many many years ago...
    That's as maybe but it is virtually abandonware and I doubt if the two products are similar these days. Huntersoft last released a stable version in May 2003 and a beta in June 2007 which has progressed no further.

I think at one point there was even a half baked attempt at a trojan in an early version
    Not really a trojan, just a booby trap for people who tried to reverse engineer it

The last two versions (and they do update at least once a year) are clean.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Secunia is very impressive Nihil, thanks for the heads up.

Was very shocked when scanning my work computer.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I've remembered that Secunia has provided many nice security reports in the past. When I scanned my home computer, there were two problems. The first was flash and the second was reader. Simple fix. uninstall both... again. Scan my work computer (shhhh) and those alerts are not there!

I've had a growing hatred for adobe over the past several years. I'm sick and tired of having to patch their software manually. Seeing as how frequently they have security updates, the ability to run an update server is not asking too much. Especially for admins who have dozens or hundreds of boxes to patch.

Well, I've taken care of them. I've use System Center Configuration Manger 2007 to restrict ANY workstation in my company from using ANY Adobe product. FsCk Adobe. I know I could use SSCM2K7 to patch Adobe, but I figured the first *good* thing I'd do with it was to remove their junk. Same goes to Apple's crapware.

There are plenty of alternatives that are less bloated and OSS for all the junk I've removed. Oh joy!

/rant
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

ROFL!

Well I had about 6 issues on my work PC, yes all were related to adobe except one for Sun ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hey! I bet the Sun one was for Java

Java has just updated, and Secunia reported that it had uninstalled the previous version.................you used to have to do that manually until now?

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Ya Ya,

Anyone using the network version?
    Albert Einstein