Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Bad Is This?

How Bad Is This?

Last edited by Info Tech Geek; April 4th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Just Another Geek
    Sounds familiar.... I've got something similar with my downstairs neighbor, she's been trying to get rid of me for years. Keeps threatening with lawsuits but never follows through.. She can't follow through. Somehow most people think I'll accuse someone of something then drag 'm into court. They'll have to disprove it. This is obviously wrong. If they want to sue, they need to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) that they're right. All I need to do is create doubt.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    LOL. Was the affidavit even drawn up or is it bogus? Dont know how it is in the states?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    SirDice,

Unfortunately, going to court will cost you money and time, even if you are right. A group of neighbors may have more money to pull together than you and be willing to spend it to keep you in court.

You would be in the right, you would eventually prevail but you would still be left with the bill.

I watched a condo association take out a 5 generation farm that had been in business for over hundred years before the condos were even built. The farmer couldn't afford his defense.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Just Another Geek
    I have legal insurance (It's a Dutch thing not sure what it's called in English) to cover the costs of a lawyer. The looser pays the bill for the court.. So I'm not worried about that

It's just one neighbor and I'm pretty sure I make more money then she does
    Oliver's Law:

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    ... So you are telling me that if I get sued and im not in the wrong but the idiot that sues me has more money, I will lose because if money restraints, what crap?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    ... So you are telling me that if I get sued and im not in the wrong but the idiot that sues me has more money, I will lose because if money restraints, what crap?
    If the idiot that sues you has deeper pockets they can drag the case on....

Which usually results in the other just giving up..
    Oliver's Law:

Angry Shame on you!!

The funny thing everyone isn't looking even looking at the big picture. To indulge in the harrassment of a disabled verteran is not only disrespectful, dishonorable and down right shameful!

Putting a disabled or anyone's personal information over the internet is not only wrong but it is pathetic. Why hide behind your computer when you can confront the neighbors. That's kinda childish don't you think?

As far as the information listed it is informal and looks like a warning. The fact I work in law I can tell you this; Harassment, Slander and Discrimination of a 100% disabled veteran is taken very seriously. If that person sends the letter to a lawyer and then to the correct authorities your looking at a lawsuit you don't wanna get mixed up in.

I can also let you know I had a case that was similar to this where there is a fidicuary (Gov. appointed lawyer) who handles all of the veterans money and makes sure things like this do not happen (usually 1 to 3 lawyers). It is worse than pulling teeth because it's the government. Al they have is time and money . You would be surprised the VA will approve anything financially needed to handle the situation. Yes the case was long and expensive and in the end my client lost the case.

Hopefully this is the only place you have spoken of this because taking retribution to this level is only giving your neighbors more ammunition.

Just one question: Why would you mock and harass a disabled veteran? They are the one's that have fought for years to protect their country so people like us can feel safe. Again SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!

Unfortuantely the use of a persons past (CORI) is illegal and discriminatory if your trying to use this against him (plus it's illegal). Sounds like you have a lot to deal with. Do yourself a favor don't cry wolf unless you have concrete evidence he is bothering you (threats, violent behavior) . This is a very sticky situation. Under Mass Law you cannot use this as ammunition. Even though it may be stressful try not to go over board or you will get in a heaping amount of trouble. Plus it is also illegal to post his CORI. I look into this matter further and get back to you.
    ----------------
    All of the cases were dismissed except for one or two. Not much to go on. It is discriminatory to use a person history(CORI) without consent. Is that all you have?? What has he done to you and be specific dates, times so on and I will try to see if I can research the law for it.
    ---------------
    I thought it was a veteran your having the problem with? Does this other person live there and cause you distress? Be specific again dates times unfortunately it doesnt look like much to go on. Have you addressed the Landlord or the neighbor to try to mediate and resolve your issues? This is a very difficult situation. What would you like to achieve? Best advice is try to compromise and address your concerns with the other tenant try by all means to keep it out of the court house unless it's to mediate. This is the first thing a judge will ask for first anyway.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; March 21st, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

I thought it was a veteran your having the problem with? Does this other person live there and cause you distress? Be specific again dates times unfortunately it doesnt look like much to go on. Have you addressed the Landlord or the neighbor to try to mediate and resolve your issues?
    Read the original post. It appears that it is the landlord who is
    taking action, perhaps based on neighbor complaints.
    Unless the landlord is an amateur, he will eventually be
    able to enforce the lease. Amateur landlords get screwed,
    especially in fascist countries like Mass. and California.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.