Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firefox 3.0.11 is available

that's been true of pretty much every version.

Banned
    Gore > I don't really care about a built-in mail client... definitely don't care about theming a browser... I'm assuming Wand is some Opera password-saving tool and not what I think it is... To that, I say RoboForm! One of the only pieces of software (other than operating systems and productivity suites) I LOVE to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    Gore > I don't really care about a built-in mail client... definitely don't care about theming a browser... I'm assuming Wand is some Opera password-saving tool and not what I think it is... To that, I say RoboForm! One of the only pieces of software (other than operating systems and productivity suites) I LOVE to pay for.
    Wand is Opera's password saving utility. When I log on here, I click on the icon, and it pops in my username and password for me. But it's beat because if you have a Mic hooked up, you can configure it with the preferences menu to accept voice commands, and say "Log in" and it logs you in. It also can refresh and do other stuff with the mic too.

There is way more than Themes and things, I was just pointing out some of the common things people like to do with a browser.

Opera has really nice Widgets that are actually useful too. For example, you can "get more widgets" and grab stuff that will check your machine for unpatched problems, or you can get one that is an HTML web page creation thing, and they have password generators, games.... There are a lot. And they run inside Opera. Even some nice download tools, like the YoutubeDL which will download videos for you from Youtube, Google, and others.

And there are sticky notes, and.. Just look at them, it'll be easier than me typing all this out. There a LOT of useful widgets that most people would probably find a use for. The email client was brought up for a reason:

If you don't want to use it, you don't and that's it. It won't nag you that you aren't using it. And it won't steal your settings which is nice too. (Ahem firefox).

********** |ceWriterguy
    Been beta testing FF for a few years now. Each new release seems to get better and better, and imho 3.0.11 wallops the crap out of IE8. Only issue I've got with FF is that the addon updates couldn't keep up with the browser updates for awhile - but I suppose that's to be expected when beta testing.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!