Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.0.11 is available

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Yeah, just as long as you overlook those changes in recent releases. And the fact that everything they've used to advertise the browser back in 2004 now carries a sarcastic overtone.
    Don't forget that blond brit girl who was walking up to people asking them if they used Firefox or not and how bad IE was because of security and or bloat. It's funnier that way

I use these:

Opera, Galeon, Icedove (Debian's firefox, some stiff requires Firefox or IE) and a few othes like Dillo. Galeon doesn't have a port to Windows though.

Gawd, not browser wars again. Weren't we waging this fight 4 or 5 years ago?

I remember when you didn't need a browser. It was all rendered in ink and paper.

FWIW, the centerfold was blonde more often than not.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Banned
    I use IE 8 because it's the only mature browser these days - it works with everything, and everything works with it. All the other ones are compromising. Chrome is fast, but that's the only thing it's got going for it... FF is just a piece of crap these days...

Opera, Galean, Icedove? Jeez... I don't like having to compromise...

Compromise?

Banned
    Yes, compromise - usually related to speed/features/stability/interoperability.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    Yes, compromise - usually related to speed/features/stability/interoperability.
    That was why I started using Opera over Firefox to begin with.

Banned
    I'll give Opera another chance. I'd like to see a browser that combines Chrome's speed with IE's features. And while we're at it: make it as stable on Windows as IE is

Quote Originally Posted by Negative View Post
    I'll give Opera another chance. I'd like to see a browser that combines Chrome's speed with IE's features. And while we're at it: make it as stable on Windows as IE is
    It has a Built in Mail client you can set up, or not set up, it'll leave you alone about it if you choose not to, it has Themes to make it look like whatever you want, I've tested it on a Laptop with XP and all updates installed, and it starts up faster than IE 8 does every time, the Tabs can be custom, and you can even open pop ups inside Opera in...I don't know how to put this, but it's a lot like the Programming tools you can use where everything i inside the master Application, and certain bigger tools open under it in a tab or, as full screen but still inside it... Not sure if that makes sense, but you can do something like that too.
    If you have a Mic, you can have it log in and respond to voice commands. It works great if you don't want to log in yourself.

Learn to use Wand. It's easier to store passwords and usernames. I don't know how you evaluate compared to me, but I always open the configuration / Preferences and check every setting myself to see what else it can do.

Your machine, I think has Vista. I don't know how much faster IE8 would be there, but as I said, Opera Always opened and was ready to use a little faster. And more than 5 X faster than Firefox.

EDIT:

I can't compare anything to Chrome because I don't use it. So you're on your own there.
    Last edited by gore; June 21st, 2009 at 07:29 PM.

Question ugh another update another lot of problems..

The only issue i found with it, is that i had to spend roughly 24minutes, pulling me addons apart and upping the max version in the .xpi

Other then that it still suffers memleak when left open for long periods of time with/without multiple tabs open.