Thread: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

Is it possible for me to self study for this new microsoft cert without going to instructor led classes. I have several old machines I could use but don't have server 08, active directory, exchange server software to practice with. Does anyone know of a way to get the hands on experience without going to the classroom and without throwing down massive mulah on the software? Thanks for any help

Last M$ Cert I had was MCSE NT4 Enterprise. (or whatever)

Back then you had to lean how M$ wanted questions answered rather than how things worked. If it's the same, then you don't really need a computer.

There is a local radio ad here promoting a PC training school that guarantees you will be M$ certified in just 9 short months and no computer experience is necessary.

So I guess it's still true, you can self learn with out a PC....
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    If you don't have everything you asked for in your post at your disposal (at work), then MCIPT is probably not the certification for you (unless you're already Server 2003 certified and are just looking to upgrade...). Why not go for one of the MCTS certifications?

//Off topic.........

Come to sunny England and try for the UPTC from our AQA

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qualifications.html

UPTC = "Using of Public Transport Certificate"

Yes folks, you read that correctly.................... you can actually get a certificate for showing that you know how to catch a bus

I am worried about that...............will I have to get one to qualify for my free bus pass next year?

Certificates? ummm, yeah, well.....................

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Nihil you jsut made me lol for an hour at work.

You pulling the leg again arent you!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hi Cider,

I am afraid I am not:

A Bury lad waiting for his GCSE results was somewhat surprised to learn he'd passed exam board AQA's stringent 'Using Public Transport (Unit 1)' test, which honours those able to "walk to the local bus stop, stand or sit at a bus stop, wait for the arrival of a public bus and sit on the bus and observe through the windows".
    Highlights from the actual examination requirements

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/14/bus_test/

It turned out he'd successfully completed the challenge by catching a bus while on a Bury and Rochdale Activity Generation outdoor activities scheme, run by Bury Youth Services. According to the Telegraph, around 300 of his fellow 11 to 15-year-old participants, including some of his mates, were similarly honoured.

GCSE = "General Certificate of Secondary Education".............a national examination you take at around 16y.o.

It is the journalistic "silly season" over here, so you see things like this in our media.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Haha! Classic stuff.

And I thought South africas or Zims government was crazy
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by coVert View Post
    Is it possible for me to self study for this new microsoft cert without going to instructor led classes. I have several old machines I could use but don't have server 08, active directory, exchange server software to practice with. Does anyone know of a way to get the hands on experience without going to the classroom and without throwing down massive mulah on the software? Thanks for any help
    I loaded the MSDN to study for mine. I was told that you can download 2008 from MS for a trial without requiring a CD key. Not sure if this is still true.

You really need to be able to navigate 2008 because 70-640 is no longer a valid test. It has been replaced with 83-640 which is a real server 2008 simulation. Most of the tasks to be performed are within Server manager and cover GPO's, a couple of OU modifications, Adding a RODC and Delegating Administration and Installation. Other than that, you have to do a couple of things in DNS and reset the directory services admin password via command prompt. Then there are 40 questions. You have 4 hours to complete 83-640 and the windows server help files are ok to use.
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.