Thread: "Realistic" HDR Photograph Example

"Realistic" HDR Photograph Example

I took this picture a few days ago.

Information on how to use Photomatrix: here
    Tutorial on how to blur a background of a picture:here

If anyone has questions do ask, enjoy.

Greetz.

What sort of camera do you use? what technique's do you use? what programs should i use to edit the photos?

and lastly what old car is it? i swear i know the name but for the life of me i carn't think of it..

picture me furiously image searching google right bout now.

I have a D300 and that was taken with just a cheap 18-55 @3.5-5.6 lens.

For that pic? HDR but I am not a big fan of editing pictures so I usually shoot just as is (photoshop doesnt make a good photographer)

That was done in photomatrix to combine the different exposures then photoshop to extract, slightly blur,then slightly darken the bg highlights.

And not sure.. It's is insanely old though - wooden frame and suicide doors!

Quote Originally Posted by oofki View Post
    I have a D300 and that was taken with just a cheap 18-55 @3.5-5.6 lens.

For that pic? HDR but I am not a big fan of editing pictures so I usually shoot just as is (photoshop doesnt make a good photographer)

That was done in photomatrix to combine the different exposures then photoshop to extract, slightly blur,then slightly darken the bg highlights.

And not sure.. It's is insanely old though - wooden frame and suicide doors!
    Greetz.

thanks for a bit more info, i've always had a bit of interest in photography. But it's just waaaay to expensive sort of hobby. Thus i have to enjoy viewing others works.

I have been playing and getting to know that photomatrix that you linked to in your OP and i think it's going to take me a little more time to properly use it, before i even consider throwin down 99$USD for the full version.

and yeah they def don't build cars like they use to, i didn't even notice that it had actual suicide door's. Must of been some one's rod n just got left out to paster for the rest of it's days.

Do you have anymore photography that you have done?
    Last edited by t34b4g5; August 21st, 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Wow that really is an awesome picture. I have always been interested in photography but I can never get any pictures to come out good lol.