Thread: Facebook Under Seige

Angry Facebook Under Seige

I've been getting this message on my facebook status, some bot's doing this status change from facebook mobile. Here it what it shows

I'm 8 1/2 pounds lighter thanks to the FREE trial pack of this new colon cleanser that I got! visit ColonCleanerXL.com to get yours! arE

'm usng Nokia 5130c2 with Vodafone. How can i get a rid to this problem ?? I fear this might be using my data on my phone that'll make my phone bill hefty

Greetz.

Try changing your login details, change your password, and also go into your "FB" privacy settings and change the application settings to Disallow.

You have most likely clicked an advertisement/application while browsing "FB" and allowed it to post onto your wall.

Naa. Just checked out the access points on my phone,and found that there's something mess going on. There's one access point ie HUTCH getting replicated,even though i deleted all of them. Its something with my phone. What shall i do now??? Any suggestions

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    If you deleted the access points on your phone, and it is automatically coming back there are 2 possibilities AFAIK:

1) The access point is created from your service provider, and is legitimate.
    2) Your mobile device is infected with malware; A factory reset might be worth a shot otherwise a hardware reset/firmware upgrade would be ideal.

[edit]
    3) Contact your service provider and discuss the problem with them, and mention the access points. They may be less than helpful
    4) View the details of a suspicious access point and find out more information based on access point name/gateway etc and do some googling
    [/edit]
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Factory reset will take time...i'll have to backup contacts and messages. Plus some additional info from it.

The access point details aren't visible,so no help there. Company firmware upgrade is on my cards,lets see what happens..

Thanks for the support cyber!

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Factory reset may take time.... especially needing to backup your contacts etc.... however if you believe your phone or computer is compromised.... i would not advise waiting to "see what happens" as I am sure it will be nothing good.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Very true. Damage control later on may take much more time.