Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cell phone taping

Lol always go to one that's actually busy. That way you have a better shot at the thing working. There is a lot of stuff you can tape out there. They don't check ever, unless people start telling them about the sign.

RedBoxChiliPepper did some of this stuff too.

which part lol all of it was a nice read.

Mobile Spy - You can even turn on the microphone remotely and record what's going on around the phone.

Be warned - In the U.S. it is 100% illegal to use this on a phone you don't own, meaning you have to have purchased the hardware and are the account holder.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    Mobile Spy - You can even turn on the microphone remotely and record what's going on around the phone.

Be warned - In the U.S. it is 100% illegal to use this on a phone you don't own, meaning you have to have purchased the hardware and are the account holder.
    Take this advice! Always be sure you own and pay for everything you use, because even if you own the phone, if you don't own the line, it's a grey area, and if you own the line but not the phone, again, grey, but if you own both, it's yours and you can "test" with it.

One thing that used to be fun for me, was how most cordless phones have a bug built into them. Even some from like almost a decade ago!

I used to get bored and finger hack my Mom's cordless phone, and I could listen to what was going on in any room in the house as long as a base was near by.

Basically, you have a room monitor for any room the base is in + however far it can hear something.

I didn't really go for spying so much as, I was bored, it was funny, and listening to my Aunt complain was really really funny, and my Mom knew I could do it and I ended up showing my Mom how it worked and She thought it was fun too

This doesn't require anything additonal which is the cool part, and you can record it too!

Uniden Phones are great for this because they have a VERY sensitive "Room Monitor" feature which picks up things a fair distance away.

Man, I haven't done this stuff in a while! I miss some of it, and I did enjoy listening to stuff and playing with scanners, but the way the laws are working out right now, they're making it harder to do it as a hobby, and try making it out like you're a criminal even if you're just messing around.

Also, remember, if you want to record a call in the US, you need to inform the party involved or they can take some legal action. It's sort of silly, and I personally know why they do it, which they have a good reason for, but, anyway, you do need to inform someone if you record a call between YOURSELF and them Watch the wording; If you aren't part of the call, you aren't technically required to do it, but check your laws in your area first!
    Last edited by gore; October 21st, 2009 at 02:35 PM.