Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Windows 7 over a network

I haven't purchased it through DigitalRiver yet, but wouldn't it have just been a matter of running the .exe file and it creates the iso for you? Then you'll have to burn it or mount it afterwards.

Ironically enough, if you're on a computer with Windows 7 and you download it, you don't need a program to burn the iso.. They included one in the OS (and it's actually quite decent, IMHO. It's probably just their dvdburn and cdburn that are in the Windows SDK's)

Have a great day
    Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDickey View Post
    I haven't purchased it through DigitalRiver yet, but wouldn't it have just been a matter of running the .exe file and it creates the iso for you? Then you'll have to burn it or mount it afterwards.

Patrick.
    One would think, but the exe actually just creates the cd structure in a new directory, not an ISO. So if you just burn the data, it is not bootable. I tried to make a bootable copy of it with Nero, but it didn't work out. After a quick google search, I found several other people that were having the same issue. Which led me to oscdimg, which worked very well. [If you are upgrading from Vista, either from x32 to x32 or x64 to x64, the exe works great. But if you are going from x32 to x64, or vise versa... or upgrading from XP, it is not so easy.]

Byte - I would help you if I could, but I only know one person off hand with an .edu address [my wife], and I have already used that one. Sorry!
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST