Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how would i make this happen?

Nah, I'm no programmer. A few people have asked me for copies here and there, but sending it is obviously a pain because it's going to be stopped by basically every email client in the World, and every email service too, and the ones I did get it to, didn't really respond to it.

You could always upload it to a file sharing service like rapidshare or mediafire. You don't even need an account. As far as I know they don't scan files that you upload, and if they did, you could always encrypt the zip file before uploading. I have some reverse engineering knowledge. I can at least find what system calls it makes, to see if it flashes the HD firmware or whatnot. If you want, you could shoot me a pm with a link.

I might be OK sending it to you like maybe in an email after zipping tarring and whatever elsing it heh. But uploading this thing on file sharing where someone could accidentally find it, even if they do open it without reading the description... Don't think I should risk that. I don't mind how I sent it to Pedophiles, at all, but who cares about them? I just want to make sure it's not accidentally opened by someone.

PM me an Email addy if you want and I'll send it. I can make a ZIP of it, then tar that or something and bzip2 it, and maybe 7zip lol. Make as many extensions as I can heh.

HYBR|D
    Allen, i can organise a FTP account on my webserver, you can upload it there if you want.

I'd be cool with that man. That way I can direct link it in a PM or something. And of course you'll have a copy. Just don't open it whatever you do lol. (And if you DO want to open it, the last machine I saw it open on, by accident, was a Windows 95 machine.... A little DOS window popped up, and I saw it going REALLY fast.... This is like instant... I literally went OH **** and hit the power button as it was opening up, and as I was reaching for the button, I saw it opened a DOS Window, and I hit power before it finished).

Whatever you do be CAREFUL. I couldn't even get Windows 3.1 working, and fdisk and fdisk /MBR wouldn't work.

HYBR|D
    Ok Broseph, check your e-mail.

if you have any trouble let me know.

Hey Kris,

I got the mail, and I'll get that going in a bit. I've had a REALLY long day today. So basically, I'm getting ready to relax. I woke up today, after finally sleeping, because I was awake for 36 hours straight without ANY sleep.

I was awake for 36 hours.... And then finally at 12:30 AM, I went to bed and slept. And then I had to get up at like 11:30 AM, which, 11 hours of sleep after being up that long, isn't as much as it seems.

So, I got up, hurried up and got ready, and then we had to leave. So I didn't have much time to actually wake up, so, we got ready, and left, and I was running my Cousin to a few places, and just getting errands done.... I'm like exhausted from it all.

After all that running around and standing around I had to do today all day, my back is like Killing me heh. So yea, I'm going to try and relax now with my Wife. I'm installing FreeBSD 8.0 on my test machine right now, and once I get that rolling and have a minute, I'll grab the Floppy disk that thing is on, or just grab it from my server and upload it on there for you.

I had pure Caffeine for Breakfast lol.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    Don't make me smack you!
    I've got a bunch of stuff on there from way back when that I found interesting, and even though I got rid of most of my collection, I did keep a few of the more interesting ones around on some floppies that are clearly marked "Don't FCKING OPEN!" just in case someone gets interested.

On top of that, we used to put gigantic paper clips through the write switch hole, just in case we were stupid enough not to read the label.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me