Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What has become of AO?

That can't happen. It's sort of like telling someone what "138" means Looking it up will give you 10 answers, and some of them are fake to screw with people.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I know it took us 7.5 million years to solve for 42 and then we forgot the question.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Don't you dare quote that! ..... Ugh... *Searching for Towel to gag you with*

HYBR|D

Quote Originally Posted by the_JinX View Post
    Wow, this place still around. . .
    You last visited: September 29th, 2008 at 02:08 PM

I should catch up . .

the_JinX.

damn.

we all still check in it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Yeah, talk about ghosts.

You know, I just Googled something IRC related and this thread came up. I'm surprised it's still active for as off topic as it's gotten - well, maybe not surprised considering the site. Most of us AWOL are still in contact, though. You've just got to know where to look. It's certainly not Tazz.
    Damnit I have wondered about you. You helped me through some tough times. You have and will always be the one true Christina :0. I have some new stuff for you to read if you'd like. Really glad to hear from you. Same with Sarin.

How is it this thread seems to be reborn every several months over the course of the last several years?

I do miss the old days, but forums in general have changed.

However, funny note, a local friend of mine who has never been to AO before was trying to Google research a wireless problem he was having, and the Google search returned a thread here I started back in 2004. So I just got an IM with "Is this AngelicKnight you?", knowing that's also my sn on Steam.

What are the odds huh? That was awesome.

That was quite a coincidence. If everyone that missed the old days, which granted are gone forever, would just hang around, we could start a new period of prosperity. It would never be like the old days (things never are), but could still be worthwhile.

Agreed. Which is why I continue to pop in every now and then.

*cough*

AO had value for the frequently submitted tutorials / original content. Seems to be more of a IT forum / helpdesk now. Haven't gotten good use of AO in 3 maybe 4 years.

I still check every so often though. If there was a better system to incentivize good content, I bet people would come back.