Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What has become of AO?

my 2 cents, before healthcare and taxes.
    anyway, antionline has a facebook presence, but not much of one. I think it should be expanded since it might lead to livening up the population around here. just a thought.

That does bring up a interesting notion. Out of curiosity what other bloggs or info sites are you guys using in your daily browsing? I mainly use freshnews.org.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    AO "died" when Jupiter pulled the plug on the IRC server. 80% of the posts were made by people that were on IRC. It was also a great place to get a quick answer to just about any question. Yeah, it was a lot of joking around in there, but just about any question could be answered by at least 1 person that was on most of the time. A lot of answers that were posted to the forums were also discussed in IRC before an answer was posted also.

Not enough people actually knew about the unerror IRC server (which is still at irc.unerror.net), or uraloony server (which I think is dead now). So everyone went their own ways. I can't remember the last time I talked to most of the people that were on there, and forums just don't have the "real time" communication that IRC does.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Not enough people actually knew about the unerror IRC server (which is still at irc.unerror.net)
    Last I checked enmand shut down Unerror. He's running an IRC server at http://www.leapnode.net, but it's been pretty slow every time I log in.
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Developer Extraordinar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiskic10_4 View Post
    Last I checked enmand shut down Unerror. He's running an IRC server at http://www.leapnode.net, but it's been pretty slow every time I log in.
    Unerror is still around...ish. Redgore and I run the IRC server at the address above, but there isn't really much to see at unerror.com's website.

Maybe after I graduate I'll do something with it.

the real question is, where are thejrc and evil_enchilada?

the real question is, where are thejrc and evil_enchilada?
    "Breaking rocks in the hot sun"?????????????????

Life gets in the way, working IT sce realy pulls away from talkign IT sec...espicaly when the company you work for thinks windows XP is cutting edge.

Ya I am still here sometimes....makeing copyeditors eyes bleed instead of yours, got my third IT book comeing out soonish
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I like books

Facebook is kind of annoying, however I do like the IRC thing. That proves quite useful at times.