Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What has become of AO?

I think the reason I quit going coming to AO was not due to any politics, more so simply because I got a better understanding of computers, and didn't feel the need to come as often. I also didn't frequent the forums enough to 'get to know' anyone personally. Most of what I did was just reading threads. Thats why most of you probably won't even remember who I was. the most important (and really only) personal thing I remember is when gore got engaged and married. I don't know, maybe its just me, but maybe if people were more personable, it would be more difficult for people like me to leave. If we took the time to get to know the people who are newer members, maybe they'd have a more difficult time leaving. I think that may have played a part in why it was just so easy for me to stop coming.

PS: I'm off college for the summer, so I have plenty of time to kill. That means I could be back, whether you like it or not

I remember posting about that

My Wife is sitting behind me right now, and just finished installing Slackware on Her Laptop.

BANNED
    What up?
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Oh you finally come back huh? I'm going to grab some Krazy Glue, and Glue your nuts to that chair! Wouldn't kill you to visit more you know.

Where have YOU been anyway? Everyone else who finally came on to say hi said where they'd been!

Levenworth?

GITMO?

Joliet?

Sorry gore, I am not too familiar with US holiday resorts

Although, my late and lamented father did once do 18 months at Maidstone gaol over here.....................

He was senior site engineer of the construction crew

Well, I like him, and he never comes on. So, the logical thing to do was super glue his nuts, lol.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    And just finished installing Slackware on Her Laptop.
    the question though is how many times did she have to run the installer before she was able to install and boot into a gui?

Once?

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    the question though is how many times did she have to run the installer before she was able to install and boot into a gui?
    Slackware != Gentoo
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

My Wife had a machine with Solaris on it and Slackware dual booting for a while. She Hates Gentoo, and since I do too, it works