Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What has become of AO?

harrrrrrrr harrrrr haaaaaarrrrrrr,

Ay lad, that be Allardice............he had blonde hair.............

The login thing seems to be fixed

you're the only poster anymore, nihil...

this board is dead....JP sold out at the right time, I guess...lulz.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

He's the only one? I'm here every day....

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    He's the only one? I'm here every day....

my humblest apologizes...
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Me, too. Every day of my life…

HYBR|D
    I'm still kicking around, not as often as i used to. Work/Family & spending time setting up my own comp.sec site leaves little time for other things.

I try to visit the forums on a daily basis, although I don't post every day. Lately though, since I've been moving to a new house, things have been pretty hectic, and therefore less time for AO.

On the bright side of slower traffic, there is the fact that reasons people aren't here as often, seem to be because they have grown up. Other forums going down hill usually end up being because the people on them are stupid.

there is the fact that reasons people aren't here as often, seem to be because they have grown up.
    Yeah, it isn't that they have outgrown the site; more that other commitments have come along?

Also, the internet isn't exciting like it used to be back in the days of 14.4 and 28.8 dial-ups. World + dog has a computer and internet access these days, so it does not appeal to the younger generations like it used to.

Hey I've said it before that when it comes to tech stuff today, the younger kids are spoiled little bastards. Back in the day before I was born, you couldn't even edit a text file and see the whole thing, it was a line at a time. Then Vi came along and you had a full line to see while editing text, and then, everyone liked it, and we moved on to GUIs and stuff that mainly ran CAD software, but everything else was in an Xterm... Today.... Heh, I made a lot of money in my Linux + class teaching those little bastards Vi.

I wonder if I still have my "test" tools for Linux... I had a floppy that would create an infinite loop in Perl, and bring the CPU to a crawl, and then, I had another one that would do Russian Roulette with your file system...

It was like rolling a dice; There was a one in six chance it would run "rm -rf /"... Good times.