View Poll Results: Do you feel that a Game / Console subforum would be a good addition to AntiOnline?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

9 75.00%
  • No.

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game / Console Section.

HYBR|D

Game / Console Section.

I have noticed as of late there have been a few suggestions for a Game / Console subforum to be created, as it appears a few of us grey beards enjoy the odd game.

So i figured i would start this thread insert a Poll and suggest that we get ourself's a Game / Console area. At least this way we have someplace to talk about that sort of stuff.

anyhow i am proposing something similar to this>

Microsoft Consoles
    Topics specific to Microsoft's game consoles, such as the XBOX and XBOX360.

Nintendo Consoles
    Topics specific to Nintendo's game consoles, such a sthe Wii, DS, etc

Sony Consoles
    Topics specific to Sony's game consoles, such as the Playstation 1-2-3, PSP, etc.
    Off-course we could also have a section for those that play WoW or other MMO or RPG also.

anyhow cast your vote and hopefully we can get ourselves a game area.

Tried to vote "Yes". Got "wiskic10_4, you do not have permission to access this page" or some such error.

Way it goes around here sometimes...
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Hmmmm,

There is a problem with this thread. When I voted it took me to an old thread with nothing to do with the subject.

We had this once before..........it's something to do with the changes in vB's referencing when we finally escaped from JPV's bastardised version.

The solution, as I recall was to create a new thread.

HYBR|D, can you create a new thread mate...........then I can migrate the posts?

I will comment more fully when we have a properly working thread, but I will say that you need a general section for PC and online games, rather than just hardware specific ones?

I already said yes. It was my idea, so I'm obviously going to vote for it.

I don't think Console games should be the only one though, nor should RPGs, lol. I hate most RPGs and mainly like FPS, and in particular, I like the Unreal and Unreal Tournament Series, and then the id Software stuff.

I wanted to say this long back.. but why cant we have *something(s)* from the past..

Lets have an AO official team just for the sake of playing..

I can join CS, DoTa, Warcraft and many more... LETS THE FREAKING START AGAIN !

PS: Studying for CISSP-ISSEP and CCIE - Security.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I'd do AO team for UT I've got one saved game where I have almost 2,000 kills and like 3 deaths.

LOL. Unreal Tournament freaking rules. For some reason it is sluggish on Win7 though... Maybe I should try compatibility mode. I am stuck on older games for some reason. I have been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat, Doom[2], Wolf3D, Pole Position, Mappy, DigDug, PacMan etc. It seems the older games just have a better feel to them. Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional game of CoD...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    That last time I played a video game was maybe five years ago. I couldn't help but feel how dumbed down or short games where compaired to what I grew up with.

The freedom of movement and the non-linear storys bring nothing but a sense of cheapness to games. Side scrolling and topdown games not only limited your movement... but you where actually given a goal to accomplish with very limited ways of doing it.

Spec.. have you played Test Drive Unlimited ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    That last time I played a video game was maybe five years ago. I couldn't help but feel how dumbed down or short games where compaired to what I grew up with.

The freedom of movement and the non-linear storys bring nothing but a sense of cheapness to games. Side scrolling and topdown games not only limited your movement... but you where actually given a goal to accomplish with very limited ways of doing it.
    Play DooM, and get yourself a copy of either Ass Jack, or Damn Right, Rebel Proud, and play that really Loud.

And you damn well better know what that is. Same guy sings and if you don't know who that is I'm gonna kick you in the balls.