Thread: IE6 On W7

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

IE6 On W7

Hey dudes,

Long time Been doing some seearching on getting Ie6 up and running however I seem to be failing.

Some of our internal ISS etc is only certified on IE6 so I would like to isntall it. I know I can go the VM route but im not too happy with that.

There was also a firefox addon to fool the site to think im loading from a IE6 browser ... any comments?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

AOs Resident Troll
    maybe you should update your ISS

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

HYBR|D
    You'll need to Download IE Collection

it's a neat developer installer and let's you install selected versions of ie and let's you run what ever you want.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Thanks for the ideas, will give it a look.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

HYBR|D
    No problem.

i've got it installed on a win2k box and occasionally load up different ie versions just to see how different site's render.. Or don't render..

Developer Extraordinar
    Another option to take a look at is IETester (http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage) I used it a couple of times whilst trying to get sites to render somewhat properly in IE6, 7 and 8.

Good luck.