Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iobit security 360 scan

I would whole heartedly agree with nihil on this one. MalwareBytes AntiMalware is incredible.

Spybot S&D is pretty good too. I love the immunize feature. Though that goes back to the blacklist vs whitelist issue.

I don't have much experience with A-Squared, but I have heard good things about it.

Usually, I will run a MalwareBytes quick scan in safemode, then boot into normal mode and do a full scan with it. If items are still found on the full scan, I will reboot, and do a full scan again. If malicious items are still found, I usually start thinking about backing up, and reloading the OS.

I have gotten to the point with my systems, where if I have an infection, it is easier to reload than to fight it. I have backups of just about everything I would need in that event. If I am bored, and just want to see what these things are doing, I will grab a copy of SecCheck [http://www.mynetwatchman.com/tools/sc/], and Mandiant Highlighter [http://www.mandiant.com/products/fre.../highlighter/], and try to figure out which files/processes etc are causing the problem. It can make a dull evening pretty interesting. I have a couple of VMs that I use just for checking out infections.
    Last edited by westin; August 19th, 2010 at 03:36 AM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/iobit.com

Probably isn't false positives. More like iobit's own software and toolbars are being detected as malware.

Probably isn't false positives. More like iobit's own software and toolbars are being detected as malware
    And maybe you have a dog turd for a brain?.

Banned
    Iobit was and still is a chinese outfit. IObit gets its money installing toolbars without permission. And in turn these advertising agencies write false reviews and trolls siteadvisor in attempt to keep them from being flagged in the red.

But the actual controversy stems from them stealing signatures from Malwarebytes. And malwarebytes in turn created fake signatures for legit programs.

Do you really want these people hooking global libraries and "scanning" your documents and files? Get rid of these programs and setup a policy people...