Thread: passed my CISA

passed my CISA

dear forum members,

I have recently passed my CISA exam, thanks for all the help and support I received from this forums. I really appreciated it.

Now, I am looking to get any internship or job in related field around London and surroundings.
    any help or pointers from gurus.

Or, what should I do to get my foot into the audit field with 5 years of field experience on my belt, 2 years in network security and rest in network/system administration and support.

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Well, hard to say as I haven't worked in London & the Home Counties for a few years now. If you are looking at security and security auditing then I would suggest that you try the big Chartered Accountants, who have moved into the IT consultancy field......from back in the 1970's

PriceWaterhoseCoopers, Deloittes, Peat Marwick Mitchell, Touche Ross and the like. Also the IT outsourcers

IBM, CSC and whatever.

Then the big oil companies like Shell.

Then the retailers and supermarkets, given they are going towards e-commerce at high speed?

All big outfits have internal audit departments (finance) so it makes sense that they would add a computer function to match?

I guess they all still have graduate recruitment programmes, so that is probably what to ask about first? Although with your work experience you should be able to avoid the internship bit?

Good luck!

Last edited by nihil; August 18th, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmkhan View Post
    dear forum members,

I have recently passed my CISA exam, thanks for all the help and support I received from this forums. I really appreciated it.

Now, I am looking to get any internship or job in related field around London and surroundings.
    any help or pointers from gurus.

Or, what should I do to get my foot into the audit field with 5 years of field experience on my belt, 2 years in network security and rest in network/system administration and support.

Thanks
    How did you pass the exam? From where did you do preparation? I am also looking to appear and pass it.
    Last edited by rlirpa; April 17th, 2021 at 10:30 PM.

Ummm, that was almost 11 years ago.
    Rad