Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks

Banned
    The criminals in this episode are the ones that either leaked or allowed to leak. Manning deserves the full justice of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the death penalty. He broke the faith with his fellow servicemen/women. Every US Serviceman/woman is schooled in the UCMJ within weeks of entrance to the service, he knew what he was doing was wrong.
    Meanwhile the men who killed those kids and two reuters reporters will get medals, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Meanwhile the men who killed those kids and two reuters reporters will get medals, right?
    this reminds me: why is it that wikileaks almost only features stuff that makes the government look bad?

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Spec,

They should be tried as well. The killing of civilians is to be avoided, sometimes there is colateral death, but intentional killing is murder. William Calley went to jail for My Lai, the UCMJ allows for disobedience of unlawful or immoral orders.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Quote Originally Posted by The_tyrant View Post
    this reminds me: why is it that wikileaks almost only features stuff that makes the government look bad?
    Because the government makes sure we hear about anything they actually do right. We don't need another media outlet telling us how great they are.

Quote Originally Posted by fourdc View Post
    Spec,

They should be tried as well. The killing of civilians is to be avoided, sometimes there is colateral death, but intentional killing is murder. William Calley went to jail for My Lai, the UCMJ allows for disobedience of unlawful or immoral orders.
    I agree, but I doubt we would have ever heard about it if it weren't for Wikileaks.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    William Calley was paroled and not just once but quite a few times. Nixon gave this guy a presidential pardon. I doubt he served more than two years of his sentence!

Meanwhile, your sitting here talking about stringing up this guy Manning? Pfffft...

And you people should really take a look at it before whining and arguing about something you haven't even read. Its page after page of screw ups... and there is so much that it quickly becomes a really dull read to be honest. Think M*A*S*H but without laughs or comedic antics.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Spec,

Calley was court martialled and imprisoned, he was then released from prison and held in his barracks on house arrest at Ft Benning. His total time served was 3 1/2 years. He was indeed pardoned by President Nixon ( it was the third request) and released, his conviction and discharge from the Army was upheld in spite of the pardon.

And actually the current method of death penalty in the military is still the firing squad. Which Manning should get. Which John Walker should have recieved.

The military has a "chain of command", if a servicemember doesn't get satisfaction at a particular level, he or she has the option to take it to the next level or even his/her congressional representative. Leaking it to a "news outlet" is not an option.

It's my humble opinion but those are the rules we worked with. The military has a messy job, the "boots on the ground" have to deal with a lot: an enemy but then there's shady politicians, greedy contractors that are supposed to be on their side. They shouldn't have to worry about people like Manning.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Anyone want access to the ViCAP, NCIC or NCCD databases?

I break in and give you access - I broke the law.

The DBA in charge gives me electronic copies of information stored therein? His fault - not mine, for publishing the info.

It's like third grade. You told your friend a secret and your friend told everyone. Live and Learn.

Democracy is based on a Free Press... Like it or move in with the Taliban - you cave dwelling bitch!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay View Post
    What I dont understand is everyone is making a big stink about the PayPal, MasterCard and Visa DDOS attacts...but when it happened to Wikileaks last week...no one blinked an eye.
    Thanks for that reminder, MLF. All this rogue hacking is perhaps historically
    analogous to past centuries when mobs broke in and destroyed printing presses.
    That occurred quite a bit in the U.S. during the abolitionist movement, other
    times in Europe's revolutionary throes. So here we are again.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff View Post
    Democracy is based on a Free Press... Like it or move in with the Taliban - you cave dwelling bitch!
    Democracy is based on power, like any other form of gov't. The free press
    is window dressing. Mao, for all his wrongs, was right about one thing: all
    political power stems from the barrel of a gun. America is no exception in
    that regard. Never has been.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Banned
    Well for me its a question of how much money they pocketed before shutting his funding down.
    I have a daughter joining in 2011.
    I wonder if you'd still want to line up a firing squad if this where your daughter.