Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For starfux0rz

Banned

For starfux0rz

So yesterday CNN kept playing on the idea that internet users are going to start attacking at random because of the recent hype around wikileaks and Assange. (In other words, they're baiting people to post about this stuff in web defacements).

I say we each play to the media the way hippies did in the 1960s. Lets dress really goofy, act really stupid, play the same speech over and over... and gain alot of undeserved notoriety in the process. Maybe write a book about it fourty years later.

They're looking for another "free mitnick" or "anti-RIAA" type of mass defacement to put up on the news. The first person to mirror this stuff is guaranteed to win free media attention and a swedish prostitute.

HYBR|D
    Red Leader signing in. Waiting for instructions from Command.

Banned
    I posted a large dump of emails, usernames, passwords, hashes, and links... and either its being filtered out as spam or someone is deleteing it. Not cool.

AOs Resident Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    I posted a large dump of emails, usernames, passwords, hashes, and links... and either its being filtered out as spam or someone is deleteing it. Not cool.
    I saw that this morning...and then it just disappeared

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Yeah, I saw that on this morning, and a different one yesterday. I would imagine the mods are being nice, and deleting it rather than straight out banning you again. You might eventually run out of different spellings of your name, and have to pick something like zero-cool. That would be a shame.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

HYBR|D
    I've sent of an PM to Joe, i'm gonna find out whom & why.

The-Spec send me a PM with the list and i'll post 'em up.

haha this looks like it may become interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HYBR|D View Post
    I've sent of an PM to Joe, i'm gonna find out whom & why.

The-Spec send me a PM with the list and i'll post 'em up.
    "Why" is because posting a database dump isn't a security discussion, it's the results of a compromised site. What can it teach anyone? What's there to discuss about it? The method wasn't discussed or how it could have been prevented.

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc View Post
    "Why" is because posting a database dump isn't a security discussion, it's the results of a compromised site. What can it teach anyone? What's there to discuss about it? The method wasn't discussed or how it could have been prevented.
    The security aspect comes in when people discuss how the DB was compromised. Exploit used, example of the exploit used, how the exploit was found & lastly how could the victim protected themselves from this happening.

Last i checked this is a comp.sec forum, not a tech support for mom & pop because there mouse stopped working.

the memberbase here are security professionals. There wasn't a method discussed as the thread was censored before any real discussion could take place.

I re-posted the content in question in hope it would spark that curiosity and get the discussion under way.

So fine, discuss it. I don't see how the contents of the database relate to that discussion. What's its intent, proof? I'll take your word for it. I don't see a problem with discussion of the methods used and ways they could have been prevented, that's the purpose of the site, but further exposing information that was compromised as a result, that's not only unnecessary to the conversation, it's unwarranted.