Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Egypt

Egypt

I thought it might be fun to discuss the ways that people were able to get around the blocks in Egypt. If I remember correctly we have an Egyptian member of AO... MostafaXX can you shed any light on the this?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

HYBR|D
    Dial up and lot's of it.

I heard some people were using Ham radio as well. I think this might be a bad sign of things to come. Sure it would be hard to shut down the connectivity that the US has, but they could sure make it difficult for a while.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    I think this might be a bad sign of things to come.
    They'll cut themselves off from the world like Afghanistan and Pakistan did. After the government is overthrown these political groups will turn on each other and it'll become just another barren shithole in the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    They'll cut themselves off from the world like Afghanistan and Pakistan did. After the government is overthrown these political groups will turn on each other and it'll become just another barren shithole in the middle east.

I thought Egypt already was...

AOs Resident Troll
    yeap...just another shithole propped up by the good ole USofA

Funny how that is....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    As long as they stay cut off from the rest of the world, I don't particularly care. The problem is they start lashing out at the rest of the world, and we're usually at the top of the list.

there was still one backboneTgoing into Asia. French did the dial up thing...I think while it was going on the majority of people had accepted the fact that "services" would be cut and went back to old school "meet in the square" roots. The HAM's were all static, and newfags in the U.S. spamed IRC with requests to make a standard freq.. It was all around bumblefux...still ongoing, and interesting to watch.

JP u r the epic faggot isolationist. I'd prefer it to lash out here...I think cooking for a mob would be excellent fun.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Two words: "Suez Canal"

I think cooking for a mob would be excellent fun.
    Only if the recipe comes from the "Anarchist's Cookbook" ???

#1. How is this the fault of the US again? Must have missed that after seeing Obama say the people of Egypt needed to kind of handle this themselves.

#2. It pains me to see and hear how a complete and utter Gem of History like Alexandria has this happening. Yea, I'm one of those geeks who plays Magic: The Gathering, so, "Library of Alexandria" DOES come to mind.

The fact that Alexandria has such a rich History (As does most of that place) and, how people there are having this happen, does bother me. I don't watch the news much, or read it much anymore, because most of the people writing it are either full of ****, or, blowing everything they can totally out of proportion just to make the story seem more intense.

Remember the "Swine Flu" ? The news was covering it like it was the new ****ing AIDS or something, and every time, I looked, and thought "How is this REALLY different from the two or so Flu bugs that go around every year ?" And, after a week or so of people basically panicking, and then *******s on the media putting up Maps of every state a case was reported like it was a death sentence, a week or two later, they were STILL reporting on it; Even AFTER a Doctor in Michigan basically said "Keep your ass at home, drink fluids, rest, eat, it's the Flu, you'll be fine. Don't go outside and make someone else sick, I'm tired of earing about it and seeing it on the News". Finally a Month went by and they shut up.

Anyway, I do Hope, for all of us, and our kids, that this is sorted out.... I want to some day have kids, and take them to Alexandria, and let them see a place like that...

I'm really not totally sure why, but I'm kind of a History nerd. I'm interested by things like that, and places like Alexandria, have a very interesting one, and on top of that, the buildings there are neat looking, and, of course, the whole Magic: The Gathering thing with "Library of Alexandria" is super neat.

It's not that all lands aren't old or have no History, but we're a fairly new country, so, really, Museums here may have stuff from the 1500s, or so, but go to that place, and you can look at stuff a whole lot older.