Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Egypt

See, this is why I stood up for you back in the day and got your ass to be allowed back here. Lol. For those not in the US (Like Nihil) everyone in that age group right now, is basically sucking up all the money that would be used for OUR generation, for Retirement, and no one seem to know how to fix it.

I've often thought about removing warning labels on stuff to let it work itself out, but then some jack ass would whine about that too lol.

Banned
    Meh... I read all those threads in Addicts. And I read everyone's emails and personal messages long before that. I didn't even need other users to forward me stuff on IRC... the scripts on this site where just litterally that vulnerable. teh-heh

I want to buy the domain and completely revamp the place.

Hmmmm, I recognise the rhetoric of the German Bier Kellars of the 1920's and 30's.................. I am surprised nobody has mentioned Jews and illegal immigrants yet History buffs will tell you what happened next.....

everyone in that age group right now, is basically sucking up all the money that would be used for OUR generation, for Retirement, and no one seem to know how to fix it.
    They are reaping the benefits of wealth that they helped to generate, and have earned. In this World you have to earn it and generate it first.

If you do not encourage savings, retirement provisions and inheritance, then people will just spend all their disposable income (or move it offshore more likely) and you will find yourself living in a South American banana republic before you know it.

that would be used for OUR generation
    That is rather like the people who argue that we should not spend so much on defence, but should build schools and hospitals instead. It isn't a perceived alternative, and isn't going to happen, so forget it.

Anyways, just how would money (from any source) be spent on the current generation?................are they uneducated? (nope), are they incapable of work? (nope), are they unwilling to work? (nope)...............the problem is that there just isn't the work.........or at least that is true over here (UK).

If you want to see the real problem just walk down the high street and check out small consumer items............how many say made in the USA as opposed to nothing, or made in China?

101 Macro Economics:

1. The Rich have zero effect on the economy. They spend much the same anyways.

2. The lower down the income chain you go, the greater the effect you have on the economy, as people will spend all their additional disposable income, or cut back when it is reduced. You begin with essentials such as food and clothes, and then work up to things like college educations and luxuries. The other way round when income is reduced.

3. By encouraging additional spending you stimulate the economy by a factor known as the "multiplier effect". It's a bit of a bummer if most of the stuff being bought is made in China...................

4. Nobody believes that the Rich employ people, or would employ more or less with the minor differences that taxation makes. Most people are employed in:

Commerce, Finance, Industry, Institutions, Government.

And I would guess that most Rich and certainly wealthy people prefer to engage outside services, as this gets rid of all the hassle of employing your own staff.

That is how things work, or certainly have since WWII, if not before.

As for public health schemes............yeah you can bang on about those all you like because it won't happen.

I would suggest that it would take an absolute landslide majority; or better still a coalition government to bring it about.............. I think that the private healthcare lobby is just far to strong?

Maybe you should just bring back the Draft for the unemployed?

The Tea Party people are ****ing rich idiots. Period. They're REALLY good at getting other idiots who are broke, to vote for Republicans.
    You are living in the 1930s, or have an older relative from that
    era who has taught you "all he knew" about politics. Today the fact is
    that when polls are taken about which demographic supports which
    party, the people with bachelor's degrees and higher are all Democrats.

One way to spin that is to boast that the "smarter" people are all
    liberals and Democrats. A less charitable interpretation is that
    all the privileged people are Democrats, and in my understanding,
    they vote to protect their power and privilege. That used to be
    the definition of the right wing in politics.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    About as silly and irrelivant as watching blacks show off how "GAAAAAAYngster" they are by shouting the fallowing:

Im ah' blood!
    Oh yeah? Well im a crip nigga!

lol -- http://www.macdoctor.co.nz/2009/08/20/on-trolls/

Old, but evidently still very relevant.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

You are living in the 1930s, or have an older relative from that
    era who has taught you "all he knew" about politics.
    Nope.

Today the fact is that when polls are taken about which demographic supports which
    party, the people with bachelor's degrees and higher are all Democrats.
    Telling me that, more or less makes me think you're saying basically "Republicans aren't exactly College types" which is pretty easy for anyone to understand really.

One way to spin that is to boast that the "smarter" people are all
    liberals and Democrats.
    That's kind of what I said man.

A less charitable interpretation is that
    all the privileged people are Democrats, and in my understanding,
    they vote to protect their power and privilege. That used to be
    the definition of the right wing in politics.
    Ummmmmm, I think you're confusing Republican / Conservative, with Liberal / Democrat. Everything from MAD Magazine to HBO specials shows what I was talking about in my post.

I did go out of my way to talk about an HBO Documentary called "Right Wing Wronged" where it shows the **** I was talking about.

As for someone related telling me about Politics.... I'm the only Libertarian in my Family.

Banned
    Bah... no political party will work intil you make earmarks completely illegal. Infact money should be deducted directly from a senator's paycheck each time they propose bills just in case. And should a company legitimately need something then they should be forced to subsidise for it.

And any President who's been Impeached, the laws, and Agencies they invented or made, should be discarded. That would be nice. And while we're on it; Why don't we vote in Police? You can vote for the Sheriff but no the rest? They should have police who work for a particular city be voted in; That should take care of Police Brutality.

Hah! so now it's Libya..............us Brits should have insisted that you used nukes the last time you flew F-111s out of our country............