Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ctrl+windows logo+arrows in Vista

Ehhh, these work in windows 7?

Last I checked, Im using windows 7 and these hotkeys aren't doing anything for me

Check that- you sure its ctrl + win + arrows?? on mine its just win + arrows ... go figure - might help someone else who kept hammering the control key too

Actually what would be great is if you could set the exact window size for each one .. gotta check on that
    Last edited by IcSilk; August 15th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Haven't yet found anyway to auto-control the the window size, and not optimistic I will either.

but here's something of slight interest: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ltimate-guide/

It was the first hit off google (scroogle) so don't credit me too much, lol <yawn, yawn, effin tired>
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

When a window is closed with the shift key depressed, Windows will remember the window size and position for the next time that app is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by IcSilk View Post
    Haven't yet found anyway to auto-control the the window size, and not optimistic I will either.

but here's something of slight interest: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ltimate-guide/

It was the first hit off google (scroogle) so don't credit me too much, lol <yawn, yawn, effin tired>
    Apparently it's different in various versions of Win7. I'm using windows 7 professional and it's ctrl+win+arrows I guess I've seen another win7 working like you said....

Try the application I mentioned in my last post (GridMove). It also works in win7. I'm using it in both Vista and 7.
    There are variety of sizes you can choose and also you can customize them. It's not that straight forward but you can work it out in a couple of hours. Just hang around its website for a while and you're set

Apparently it's different in various versions of Win7. I'm using windows 7 professional and it's ctrl+win+arrows I guess I've seen another win7 working like you said....
    Hmmm are there different versions of professional?? Im using pro too and its just win + arrows

When a window is closed with the shift key depressed, Windows will remember the window size and position for the next time that app is opened.
    thats a handy piece of info that i didn't know before. Ive searched through hotkey lists, tip and tricks etc and haven't seen it either. thanks

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    got enterprise and all work in windows 7 however crtl isnt part of it. just windows key + arrow.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Cider View Post
    got enterprise and all work in windows 7 however crtl isnt part of it. just windows key + arrow.
    according to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oard-shortcuts it is just the win key with arrows but i think through regedit you could change that. there might be progs too, i dunno
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone