Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Networking & AO ?

I haven't ever done Speed. Unless you count Caffeine as Speed of course... But my sleep issues aren't from Caffeine; They're from the fact that I have TWO slipped Discs in my spine, and the area they're in, is where the Nerve Endings are in my Spine. So basically, every step I take, I have two Discs in my spine rubbing up against Nerve Endings, and if I lay down to try and sleep, if I lay on my back, it's excruciating, and if I lay on my side, it swells up and I can't Breathe, and if I lay on my tummy, well, it swells up AND it's painful.

So yea, laying down and sleeping, are really hard. To give you an idea of how bad it is, have any of you ever heard of Hydromorphone? It's called Dilaudid in most places.

It's about 8 times stronger than Morphine, and 1 MG of Dilaudid is the Equivalent of 7 MGs of Heroin. So yea it's pretty strong.

I don't get light headed or even Dizzy from taking it, and I'm on TWELVE MGs A DAY. 12; and most people would probably pass out from ONE MG.

So 12 MGs of Dilaudid a day, and then about 1 MG of Alprazolam / Xanax on top of that (The Xanax is used for multiple reasons; I have Social Anxiety Disorder, which means I need it not to panic around too many people..... And also, Xanax intensifies Narcotic Pain Killers.

Xanax makes Opioid and Opiate Pain Killers work a lot better. With ALL that in me, not only am I still not tired, I still can barely move most of the time.

So,to clarify, I don't do speed, and I'm not awake all the time because of drugs. I'm awake all the time because of a lack of enough of them. My Back is screwed up bad.

Sorry to hear that man. The speed comment was mostly tongue in cheek anyway.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    Look at all these ads and feeds on the homepage. Its all designed to draw traffic AWAY from AO.

Look at all these ads and feeds on the homepage.
    Looks like The-Spec doesn't know how to install and implement an addblocker?

It is harder to implement ad-blocking software if you don't use hipster browsers like FF and Chrome.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Banned
    An "addblocker", as you call it... will not automaticly fix the spacing left behind and center/stretch out the logo on top of the page. You're only further proving my point.

Users shouldn't have to completely edit every square inches of the homepage from their end just to make the site's look and feel somewhat bearable.

I mean, just look at how screwed up it is! The < character was replaced with &lt; so now alot tags aren't even being interpreted for crying out loud.

An "addblocker", as you call it... will not automaticly fix the spacing left behind and center/stretch out the logo on top of the page
    Of course they don't, it is not what they are intended for. They are only supposed to stop you seeing adverts on your screen, anything else is:

1. Too much design effort.
    2. Too much programming effort.
    3. Not enough demand.
    4. Would have to be paid for.

You're only further proving my point.
    Errrr, no! all I am proving is that you are increasingly behaving as a spoilt, pre-teen, girlie brat: "awwwwww I don't like that.............awwwwww that isn't pretty enough for me.....awwwwww"

Get it through your thick skull that nobody gives a rodent's rectum about what you like, think or say. It was pretty bloody boring back in the days of JPV, and it hasn't improved with age.

You know damn fine how the internet works..........on money, and that comes from business, commerce, marketing and advertising. Otherwise you will just have crap funded by the taxpayer, political & religious cranks and pressure groups.

Apart from that, most everything else of any size would have to be subscription or sponsored.........and sponsored by whom. There are no free meals.

Hell! if you want eye candy go trawl pr0n sites; if you don't like adverts then don't visit sites that have them, or have ones that might suit your interests.

You should realise that the majority of internet users actually want adverts (so long as they are not thrust in their face) because they go on the net to buy stuff, compare prices, check tech specs, and so on.

They really don't care because they didn't with newspapers, magazines, radio and television.

Why don't you just get real, get a job, get a life and join the real World?

Why don't you just get real, get a job, get a life and join the real World?
    LOL... You sound like a high school guidance counselor...

-HST

Banned
    You should realise that the majority of internet users actually want adverts (so long as they are not thrust in their face) because they go on the net to buy stuff, compare prices, check tech specs, and so on.
    Ok! Lets put it to the test then. When is the last time you folks have bought something based directly on AO's advertisements? Raise your hands. Anyone? Anyone at all?

HYBR|D
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Spec View Post
    Ok! Lets put it to the test then. When is the last time you folks have bought something based directly on AO's advertisements? Raise your hands. Anyone? Anyone at all?
    When they 1st advertised the AO shop i bought a few items, And from the downloads menu i have bought software as i wanted to play with a full functioning \app, some are locked/restricted.

I write reviews on my own website as a hobby, so sometimes i randomly purchase software and write about my thoughts on it.