Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: You killed this site.

This site has no commercial interests of itself, it is hosted without charge by a commercial organisation that sells advertising. Given that there is no such thing as a free meal, I really don't have a problem with that. There is no profit from mine or anyone else's contributions, that comes entirely from their advertising skills. This is a community discussion forum at the end of the day.
    This site has only commercial interests...I'm sure that when QuinStreet markets to generate ads they market pkg traffic. That is to say they market the traffic of all their sites as one package. I'm sure that QuinStreet isn't motivated by altruistic ideals.

I don't have a problem with advertisements either, I was just making the point that certain benefits come with participation on a commercial site...like being able to link to sites.

And there definitely is profit coming from your contributions, without contributions there's no traffic, no traffic no advertisers, no advertisers no profit, no profit no forum.

QuinStreet isn't in business to carry dead weight around unless they can use it ( a loss here ) to off-set gains in other places. If AO was just dead weight they'd toss it as quick as they got it.

They definitely do not have the same loyalty to the members as the members may have to the forum. The members, and the forum, are, from a commercial mindset, ' expendable ' at the very moment the forum becomes ' dead weight '. Which can't be said of non-commercial forums.
    Last edited by Egaladeist; August 12th, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

Elite Hacker
    Where's everyone hanging out these days? I think I tried to get on unerror not too long ago and it was dead. What IRC networks do the "old timers" frequent, and also what forums, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by D0pp139an93r View Post
    1. The layout sucks, drop the portal nosense, there's nothing worthwhile outside of the forum that can't be handled with a single navigation menu. This layout does nothing bu make it more difficult to access and work with the forum.

2. Steve, I don't like you. You sound like a douche.

3. Why blue? Trying to be FaceBook?

4. Less ads. Your conversions will at least double with proper ad placement and fewer ads.

I really do miss this place, I miss having a real community with useful discussions. **** this tech support nonsense. Bring back security discussions.

Gore, you're fat.

I love you guys.

I lulz'd hard.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

I'm not Fat anymore jack ass. **** if you don't come around and keep up with the times that isn't really my fault. At most you could call my "chubby". I've lost over 150 pounds since 2006.

Like for real, no bullshit, about 3 or 4 days ago, I was standing in my living room and looked down and I was like "Holy **** I can see my feet! look at that!" and my Wife and friend basically spit pop through their noses laughing because I'm funny in real life too, not just on here.

But for real, yea, I can see my feet when I stand up and look down now so **** you dude.

And also, who the hell do you think has been pushing to bring things back to being decent? Ask anyone who's private messaged me in the last two weeks; I've been busting my ass for you guys and trying like a MOFO to change ****.

I've had one hell of a .... Well the last few months have been really stressful. I don't mean the **** going on here, but stuff in real life. I've had to go back on Xanax again and my blood pressure is STILL ****in ****ed.

I told one of my friends if it kills me to have me cremated, take my ashes, and get one of those really big industrial fans they use in factories, and go to the police station and .... Well it was funny when I said it the first time.

Lets see here what else... Ah yea! Nihil and I were basically running this ass sex train ourselves for a while because everyone with the word mod or staff or admin in their title disappeared like a TV in a Puerto Rican neighborhood so you're welcome that it's still here.

Oh! I got an email about enlarging my penis last week, but when I took the pills I just got taller. Love you too Florida guy!

-gore

Quote Originally Posted by gore View Post
    Like for real, no bullshit, about 3 or 4 days ago, I was standing in my living room and looked down and I was like "Holy **** I can see my feet! look at that!" and my Wife and friend basically spit pop through their noses laughing because I'm funny in real life too, not just on here.
    Hahaha, however feet weren't the first thing that came to my mind as a goal to be seeing.

That's great for you man, I knew you lost weight, but not that much. I mean its one thing to be overweight, but to be overweight and do nothing about it...well I'm happy you did something about it. I'm sure people don't understand how much work goes into something like that.

skiddieleet
    : to be honest, this is really the only security website/forum that I have time to go to regularly, life just gets in the way. And while I was tempted to leave the forum a few months ago, I realized it's easier for me to stick around here than to quit and find somewhere else to go that probably won't have a community even as nice as this current one. So cheers to me being lazy

Developer Extraordinar
    Quote Originally Posted by skiddieleet View Post
    Where's everyone hanging out these days? I think I tried to get on unerror not too long ago and it was dead. What IRC networks do the "old timers" frequent, and also what forums, if any?
    Unerror IRC is still around. Redgore and I have Leadnode. Anyone who wants to hop on, feel free: irc.leapnode.net or http://leapnode.net/?chat

Developer Extraordinar
    More flames! More fighting! More drama! Aahhh, yes! The AO we all love!

Quote Originally Posted by foxyloxley View Post
    THEN we can all feck off, adopt another site [Taz Forum anyone ]
    You know, i decided to check that site yesterday while on lunch at work and our damn WebSense blocked it because it said it was a hacking site. Isn't any security site a potential 'hacking' site? Isnt AO considered a hacking site? Why can I come here but not that forum? Is Taz Forum more dangerous than this site? Now im scared to go there
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

OK you Shitbags just fess up. What you really liked was the cut and thrust of the antipoint system as JPV had it set up.

Don't try to be "adult" with me............just be honest, you will find that a lot easier

Problem was that it was a gross hack of vBulletin, so it died when the site had to be upgraded.

I always looked at the threads about to be closed and the members about to be banned first..................then looked at my antipoints.......... you ALL bloody did it!

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Ironic...this thread is the most active one on this site in eons...lol.

WIN
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden