Thread: Happy Halloween AO!

Happy Halloween AO!

Well, once again, it's that time of year again.

Happy Halloween AntiOnline!

Maybe this year I'll type up a paper about the History of Halloween. I'm not sure if I'll have time, but if I do, it'll be great; Because, well, I'm a History guy, and I know a LOT about Halloween.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Well i didnt think much of it until I read your post and decided to wiki it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween#History

Only done a few paragraphs but will definately get reading later.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

HYBR|D
    A little late to the topic, but meh had important issues that needed to be dealt with.

suprisingly we didn't get that many trick or treater's arrive at the door. We did have a few teenage kid's try to half assed scam phree candy though, they were promptly told, no scary costume no candy!

i mean wearing normal street clothes with like a cheap supermarket "Scream" mask. Not much effort so why reward them i say.

we did have a handful of little children arrive with parent/s in tow and they scored pretty well candy wise.

had a neighbour yell at some trick or treaters "Were not in America" i promptly informed her that infact it started in Ireland/Scotland.

And maybe instead of moaning & groaning about everything she should get a hobbie.

anyhow now a few of tiffany's flowers in the front garden have mysteriously started dying or have pulled themselves out of the ground... It's a mystery

There's a Brit comedy called "My Family" and in the Halloween episode, the Dad, refers to Halloween as basically a crappy American Import. Which is funny considering America wasn't even a country, or even colonized by white people, when it first started. Yes, we DID we-work some of it, and yea, we DID kind of perfect the whole trick part, but Halloween itself we just happened to like it a lot. lol. I wonder what those old "Bogey" books are now worth.