Copies Chrome and follows Firefox to get users onto the newest browser without asking permission

Microsoft today said it will silently upgrade Internet Explorer (IE) starting next month, arguing that taking the responsibility out of the hands of users will keep the Web safer.

The move is an acknowledgement by Microsoft that Google's model -- its Chrome browser has updated in the background without user involvement since it debuted more than three years ago -- is the right one.

"It's the future ... for all software," said Andrew Storms, director of security operations at nCircle Security. "At this point, at least in the consumer space, people are expecting software to be up to date, and for it to do it itself."

uh last i checked i decided what is/isn't done to my machine, I don't feel comfortable leaving those sorts of decisions up to some company that honestly does not have my best interest in mind.

I bet during/after all this they will then spout on about how many people have now started using x,y,z & how many have moved from x,y,z all due to this "Spyware" that they have/will be planting on people's computers.

Any1 actually use any version of Internet Explorer here How do you feel about potentially having a update near forced onto you?