Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Web Browsers

+1 for the comodo dragon. They also have a firefox version called ice or something like that.

I use Aurora, which is like the developer version of firefox. It stays updated, almost to the point where its just annoying.

I am glad Sherinfriedler brought this thread back from the dead, I thought it was lost forever.

Might as well post browsers while I am here.

Iceweasel, Midori
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

I'm new to the forum. Has anyone else tried the Waterfox Browser yet? It is the 64-bit version of Firefox. I have been using it for about two months now, seems to be very stable.

Friend of Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Waterfox didn't even make the list. http://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by honeysign View Post
    The Mozilla fire fox is mostly used browser and its browsing speed is fast then other browser.
    That's not true at all: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-w...-201302-201303

For the most part Chrome rules for homes and developers and IE for business environments. I also have not seen firefox come on top for any speed tests in quite some time. IE 10 can be quiet fast and beats out Chrome in some areas, but in general Chrome is fastest.

I have to use pretty much all of them though. Primarily Chrome, but I have to be able to test for all browsers so I run the latest FF, IE, and Safari alongside. I typically ignore Opera and what they do though.

Friend of Site Staff
    Personal preference needs to be taken into account too. Me, Firefox is it. More than fast enough. But then, I have had to use dial up in the last few months and that is a great reminder of what slow is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Personal preference needs to be taken into account too. Me, Firefox is it. More than fast enough. But then, I have had to use dial up in the last few months and that is a great reminder of what slow is.
    Dafuq!!!! That still exists???

Firefox is my preference as well, however I have been looking into alternatives. Been thinking about giving Maxthon a try

Hmmm,

In the past I used to think that FireFox was badly designed because it appeared to leak memory like a sieve. Now I suspect that this is intentional, presumably to make it appear quicker?

Right now FF is taking up 700MB of RAM on this new laptop, but it has 8GB of DDR3/1333 so that doesn't matter.

For the past few weeks I have been using an Asus eeePC netbook as both my production machines died on the same day

SPECIFICATIONS:

Intel Atom N570 1.67GHz dual core with hyperthreading.
    1GB DDR2
    5400rpm HDD
    4GB SD card running ReadyBoost
    Windows 7 Starter
    2GB pagefile

After about 30~45 minutes the thing will slow to a crawl or worse with 95+% RAM and 50% pagefile usage, and the culprit is FF.

I installed some FF addons that seem to have reduced the problem, but make FF run much slower and pause the machine every now and then whilst they retune FF.

I shall have to look at alternatives.......FF is now up to 720MB and all I have been doing is typing this!

That is wierd...I never really had any issues with FF leaking memory. Chrome on the other hand, LOL. Try Firefox Aurora. It's basically a bleeding edge Firefox. Havent had any problems with it so far..