Thread: Information Sharing and Project Management

Information Sharing and Project Management

Hello All,

I am currently working in a network maintenance team. I was exploring ideas about making the system bit more productive. Currently, we use distribution lists to share information inside the group (technical). But the issue comes when some member or director misses the email and we also looking for storing all the information in a format which could be later used as well. e.g. we are working on a specific part of a network , all the technicians and stakeholders have been notified, all the concerns could be in threaded view and if some technician came across any problem all the other share there insights, problem resolved and project finished. Now, some one in other projects came across such problem he can refer to the same thread and we can see what other problems were there in previous projects.

I can use open source forums for this functionality but like if I need to make stakeholders (specific) and certain teams which needed to be in there in that project.

how will I do that. It would be like forums, team management and project management.
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Hi,

My experience in this area has covered:

1. Infrastructure support.
    2. Project Management.
    3. Post project management.

With #1 we are looking at the day-to-day internal fault logging mechanism. This is internal to the systems operations and network support teams.

With #2 you are looking at new projects, although the technology might be similar or identical to that already in place in other parts of the enterprise. I must admit that I have always been given these as discrete projects, so would simply build my own project management software systems. Somehow there never seems to be a budget for buying in any tools?

In the case of #3 we are talking a post project "lessons learned" exercise, although the data were being collected throughout the project.

My advice would to be to grab whatever RDBMS application you are comfortable with and then go build a database to store the data that you are interested in.

You then use whatever query and reporting utilities you have to activate the system.

I would suggest that you involve a datebase analyst/designer if you don't have those skills yourself.

Good Luck!

Content/Link Remove by Site Admin.

This thread is NINE YEARS Old.