Thread: find someone's Wordpress knowing his/her email

find someone's Wordpress knowing his/her email

Hello people,

I'm wondering if it's possible to find out the name of someone's Wordpress account knowing his/her email address (I mean the email he/she has registered the Wordpress account with).

Sometimes they put the email address somewhere in the account so in this case Google can help but if they don't mention the email anywhere in the posts (in the Wordpress blog) and they don't tell you the name of their Wordpress, you need to find another way to figure it out.

So I appreciate any help or suggestion.
    Thank you so much

The logical answer is "no".

It isn't a good idea to post real e-mail addresses on the internet unless you want the arse spammed off you?

Thanks Nihil but some websites including facebook have this security gap. On facebook, if you know the email address, you might be able to find the profile through search ... However I guess it depends on the security options set by that user ...

So I thought maybe there would be such a bug on Wordpress too

I have the opposite problem. Im planning on getting in touch with a woman I haven't seen since grade school but I don't want to sign up with any of these sites to do it.

Looking back, I don't think I've ever used an account for any website... ever... that wasn't

A: Broken into.
    Or B: setup "anonymously" as a joke.

Hi boyboy,

I see what you are saying, but we are looking at two different animals here.

As I understand things, Wordpress is a tool for setting up and managing a blogsite (at least that's what it used to be?)

Once you have built your blog you then have to find somewhere to host it on the internet. You can do that yourself, on a third party blogger site, or on Wordpress' own sites.

What goes on the blogsite is up to you, as is what you call it, so you might be able to find what you are looking for via searching for various combinations of names, nicknames and so on.

Hosting sites are not running a community, so internal searching is mostly very limited. They will have more details on their servers but that's a criminal offence, even if you knew the host site, and how to circumvent its security.

With social networking sites you have a unique identity as part of a community, with whom you are expected to interact. The mechanisms for interaction are well established because that is what social networking is all about.

You might get a result by a more circuitous route if you can find their social networking account(s). They may well mention their Wordpress blogsite on one of those?

EDIT:

@Ted

Try the gradeschool site and see if it has an alumni or yearbook section? You may not find the person, but "friend of a friend" might get you there?
    Last edited by nihil; March 10th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.