Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone/tablet OS that won't intrude

Yea they all require your to have an account with them. Google being the most intrusive though. I would really stay away from Android. Blackberry is pretty non intrusive. They don't have the app support like Android and Apple though. Their tablet is pretty decent and it pairs with the phone. But they too require an account to use. I would just make a dummy account if your that concerned with your privacy. As far as Other OS's go, you can just install a firewall or use your router to monitor inbound and outbound traffic to determine who is phoning home. Linux is probably the safest solution. Don't know too much bout Macs.

Thank you.

Maybe a bit late to answer this, but if you get one of the older Samsung smart phones somthing like a Wave-GT-s8500 then yes you can have your callender, memos, tasks, etc, etc. on your own phone without connecting to anywhere. You only connect to google or wherever when you want to. (I even have mine set so that it wont connect through 3G but only through wi-fi so I dont get any any data charges on the mobile account).

The newer Samsungs such as the Galaxy S3 & S4 do require you to register through google so you will have to search the shops for an older model or get one second hand.

Hi nukecad, and welcome to AO

Yes, you were a bit late in your reply, from a time viewpoint, but you did add good additional information, and thus contribute to the thread.

Thanks for that

Lake District huh?................. what sort of winter did you guys have? over here on the North East coast it was the windiest I have ever experienced................. the damn house played more tunes than a church organ

Cheers,

Johnno

Hi Johnno,

Yes, it was very wet over here, thats where the lakes come from, and windy too; luckily I live near the coast (a mile and a half from St Bees) so we dont get the snow like they do further inland.
    The clouds pass over us then hit the mountains and drop snow meters deep while we stay clear.

Dont know what the snow was like in Bridlington but a friend at Wheatley Hill, near Sunderland, was snowed into his remote house for a week and a half.

Hi, Now a days samsung galaxy is the best smartphone i can vote for it..as it contains all features ready and no need to register for each n small application.yes i agree with nukecad..Thats great phone ever.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

hello, Hi to all now a days Samsung android phone having lot of features, its include some of the android special applications are available. so much of people try to get Samsung phone. this attracts more number of people.

BacklinksVault
    Last edited by ananthapriya; July 31st, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

Just revisiting this thread.

Yes the Galaxys are great phones but the original point was that they use Googles Android OS & want you to log in to Google all the time.
    The Wave series use Samsungs Bada OS & dont ask you to log in to anything you dont want to.

Thank you for all the info guys! Love this forum!