Thread: IT engineering in German universities

IT engineering in German universities

How hard is it to learn German language for getting admission in German universities in IT field?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0153646AAH3TPM
    German pronunciation is VERY easy because there are no silent letters ... but ... german grammar is hard is because it's different than english. I see a lot of people here saying that it's the same, but its not. For example, to say "If I had more money, I would buy myself a car."...in german: "Wenn Ich mehr geld hätte, würde Ich mir selbst ein Auto ******.", literally, "if i more money had, would i my self a car buy"...you can see that the word order is hard.
    Much more info here
    Rad

Friend of Site Staff
    Hard part is realizing this language is all goofed up compared to most other languages.
    German, Norsk and Spanish.

Yep. Like the quote shows, the words are in a different order.

English: "If I had more money, I would buy myself a car."

German: "If I more money had, would I my self a car buy."
    Rad

How hard is it to learn German language for getting admission in German universities in IT field?
    Very difficult, as you need the language at the level of a native undergraduate.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Very difficult, as you need the language at the level of a native undergraduate.
    it isn't that hard actually, it just isn't going to be QUICK, the OP doesn't actually say much, and as such, the question should really be ignored, but just for shits n giggles lets have a go - first off, you are asking how hard is it to learn a language ? that all depends on you, are you actually LIVING in Germany, as you WILL need to do that to have any chance of gaining fluency in the lingo. but we would need to ask WHY Germany, and if you have the requisite qualifications to allow you access to uni in first place, again - why Germany, until you answer that particular question, any responses here are effectively moot. I was taught German for five years through grammar school, and can get by asking for food and drink, basic conversation, directions and the like, but when I LIVED in Spain, I reached and passed that level in a matter of weeks, so living in your chosen country has to be the main force in your learning how to speak it, but be prepared for it to take a couple of years before you can really speak in a two way conversation without need to translate it all in your head both ways before replying. but to repeat, you do need to explain why Germany, as opposed to your own country
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    also out of practice - new member, 1 post, over a month old - no replies from OP either - I'd just delete the account, but that's just me and my forum training kicking in
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The best way to learn german, is living in germany. It took me 3 Years to learn German.