Thread: Remove virus completely

Remove virus completely

How can we completely secure our system.

Friend of Site Staff
    Keep it away from the internet and do not let anyone else touch it'

Slightly less secure, do my trick and use a Linix distro. Windows 98 was harder to deal with.

For my various windows rigs I use:

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam
    TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/

And pay attention to what I do, which is the most important thing.

You need to buy a antivirus which is effective and try to avoid the website where you can find hidden links and potential virus threats

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "completely secure", unless of course, you unplug your wifi or keep your PC switched off. Even if you install an antimalware program free or paid version, there is always a chance that a malicious program or cyber crooks find a way to your system. I believe that apart from using the built-in Windows Defender, which is supposed to be a very good detector and remover actually, it is advisable to use another one like the free or paid version of Malwarebytes, but you can use any reputable and trustworthy AV software. Still, it is important to mention that you need to keep all your programs updated at all times to make sure that cyber criminals cannot exploit outdated bugs to infect you or gain access to your system. Another preventive measure you can apply is safe surfing, i.e., stop visiting suspicious websites (torrent, freeware, online gaming, etc) and stop clicking on third-party banner and pop-up ads, and do not open suspicious emails either. You must also be careful with "must-see" video and image links on social media. If you stick to these recommendations, there is a good chance you can keep your PC clean.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMcNay View Post
    Another preventive measure you can apply is safe surfing
    This is a very good point. A lot of trouble can be avoided if you use a bit of common sense and don't click on suspicious links, banners etc. I am pretty sure nobody will give away free stuff, which is actually for free. At most times you pay with your data

I've used Malwarebytes for about two years now, it's trustworthy and usually keeps me out of trouble.