Thread: A question of human psychology...

A question of human psychology...

Hello All... this may be a bit more psychological than most of the questions here, but I think it is pertinent: We the defenders of IT systems tend to see a divide between 'business' systems and 'personal' systems, but at the same time we know that in reality people in our firms do personal stuff at work and business stuff at home, and then quite freely shift one to the other via email and other methods. So the question is: is there any point in trying to stop it? Is there an effective way to make people understand that cyber hygiene extends to home use?

I did not/could not access company software from anywhere but within the office.

I routinely access organizational records and software from home. In order for any organization to protect itself in the cyber age, it must impress upon its workforce that "cyber hygiene" extends to home.

It cannot be stopped. You must embrace and manage it. Have some rules and technology to help you, protect and monitor your users, and yes, education is crucial. Earn their trust, and they will help you protect your organization.

Some times it should happens to use outside

Quote Originally Posted by anishaahish View Post
    Some times it should happens to use outside
    Same thoughts