Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Members

Hello Members

Hi,

Hello Members, I am the new member, I like very much to forum discussion.

I just want to know that nowadays SSL is necessary for every websites or not ? I have little bit confusion.

Thanks.

If you sell products? Probably. If you’re taking credit card payments directly on your website, you definitely need SSL in place to encrypt your customers’ credit card information. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you need it on your entire site; you might decide to use SSL only on store or checkout pages, for instance. If you use PayPal exclusively to accept payments, you don’t need SSL since customers aren’t paying you directly.If you offer memberships?

If a website doesn't collect sensitive data, like credit cards or social security numbers, hen there is no need of an SSL certificate. However, with the new browser notices, it's now important to ensure every website has an SSL certificate and is loaded via HTTPS.

well, its not necessary ina meaning that it wouldnt work, but its better to have one bacause your site would look dangerous and not thrustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferJJ View Post
    Hi,

Hello Members, I am the new member, I like very much to forum discussion.

I just want to know that nowadays SSL is necessary for every websites or not ? I have little bit confusion.

Thanks.
    Hello Jennifer,

Before answering your question, let us understand what is SSL.

Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts the connection between your website and your users so that a 3rd person cannot eavesdrop on the sensitive information being passed between your site and your users.

What is this information? It could be sensitive payment information like credit cards or bank account details etc. It could also be user information like username and password.

So if your site is into monetary transactions (i.e. if you're selling something), you should definitely install SSL on your site.

But if your site is only an information site that does not deal in online transactions, you may skip installing SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trishan View Post
    Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts the connection between your website and your users so that a 3rd person cannot eavesdrop on the sensitive information being passed between your site and your users.
    Prevents MITM unless vulnerable to POODLE.

Quote Originally Posted by willsonrobin21 View Post
    If a website doesn't collect sensitive data, like credit cards or social security numbers, hen there is no need of an SSL certificate. However, with the new browser notices, it's now important to ensure every website has an SSL certificate and is loaded via HTTPS.
    Thanks for giving such very informative and detailed information.

Hi guys, I'm new here too. Do I need install an SSL certificate to make my website look 'not spammy'? I wanted my website to look professional for my fencing business.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Hello Members, I am the new member too
    im Boshiant

Welcome aboard!
    Rad