Thread: Video editing software

Cool Video editing software

I have had a little fiddle with iMovie on a Mac, and have to say it is very easy - and fun - to use. I am looking for some freeware video editing software which definitely contains clip 'reversal', and that might contain some transitions from one clip to the next. Can anyone please recommend one to me? Or does anyone know if there is an iMovie port out ther? (I wasn't able to find one).

J_K9

On which platform?

MS Windows Movie Maker 2.0 (comes with Windows XP) does a pretty job on clip transitions and effects with a very easy to use interface. It can be downloaded for free from MS download site. It doesn't support clip "reversal" tho... And it only generates WMV and DV-AVI videos, if it matters.

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Yeah, that's kind of the problem...I'm on Windows XP and I NEED clip reversal. Thanks for the help though. Does anyone else know something?

J_K9

According to http://www2.bc.edu/~murphyxh/BCMUG/imoviemanual.pdf clip reversal can be achieved in iMovie... "select the clip and choose 'Reverse Clip Direction' from the Advanced menu."

Go with Windows Movie maker ( Preinstalled in Windows XP ) for transition and video effects along with an easy-to-use interface.

NOTE: This thread was started November 8th, 2004