Thread: Suspicius IP Address Tracking & Comments

Suspicius IP Address Tracking & Comments

Perhaps on the fringe of topics for discussion here, but:

I was wondering if anyone knows of any free/open source software that is web based that will allow me, and potentially others to make general comments and share information about suspicious connections to web servers?

Briefly I am looking to step it up from my current spreadsheet where I am tracking suspicious http requests to my websites from within my geographic area. The market is dominated by primarily three ISP providers. I know that there are shadow VPNs and bot nets operating off of residential ISP IP addresses and am trying to slowly track and figure them out. For the most part they fly under the radar of the likes of abuse db and other rbls.

So I figure that I may as well share my information and hopefully get others to contribute also. I am not looking to create a rbl or anything on that scale, just a manageable way to post and sort ip addresses and comment on each one from a website.

Many sites, including ours, uses a company called: https://www.stopforumspam.com/

It can filter out and not allow people to join our forum by looking at their IP, Email Address and or User Name.

We can also manually check anyone of those three items....

So instead of starting a new db of IP's..... you can maybe find a way to tap into an established one.

Yep, and a couple other good ones are CleanTalk https://cleantalk.org/blacklists and AbuseIPDB https://www.abuseipdb.com/
    Rad

yes, as mentioned already aware of them; driving factor is below:

Quote Originally Posted by darb View Post
    Perhaps on the fringe of topics for discussion here, but:

... I know that there are shadow VPNs and bot nets operating off of residential ISP IP addresses and am trying to slowly track and figure them out. For the most part they fly under the radar of the likes of abuse db and other rbls.

Your quest to track suspicious IP addresses and share information is quite interesting!

Consider using MISP (Malware Information Sharing Platform) or TheHive for collaborative tracking of suspicious web server connections. Both are open-source and designed for sharing threat intelligence. Additionally, ThreatPinch Lookup and Suricata are valuable tools for aggregating threat data and monitoring network activity.

While I don't have specific software recommendations, consider exploring web-based forums or platforms where you can share insights and collaborate with others on such matters. It might be worth checking cybersecurity forums or communities. xx
    Last edited by ammarsadiaminu; January 23rd, 2024 at 10:08 AM.