Thread: Carding attacks on our ecommerce site Magento

Lightbulb Carding attacks on our ecommerce site Magento

Hello,
    We facing the issue of carding attacks in credit card form. we contacted the payment provider they ask add Recaptcha. Is Recaptcha stop carding attacks?

Please advice
    Last edited by rlirpa; May 22nd, 2021 at 03:23 PM.

Rad

Yeah, Captcha is one suggested solution you can also try implementing IP geolocation checks, and also the speed at which purchases are made can sometimes give away bots. Im not sure who your website's payment gateway provider is but they should have documentation to lessen the risk on this. I've had a run-through on all the major payment gateway merchants I use and most basically say they're no magic bullet but most start off with Recaptcha in a list of 10 it so items. So I presume it's the best they have right now. Also, are you on Cloudflare? It's a great way to mitigate a lot of bots. Though I don't like it for other reasons maybe look into a CDN that also offers protection off the bat.
    Last edited by petershene; June 13th, 2021 at 06:59 AM.

Dealing with carding attacks can be quite a challenge, but it's essential to safeguard your e-commerce site. While adding reCAPTCHA is a good step to enhance security, it may not be a foolproof solution.

You can also try to Hire Magento 2 developer. They can assess your specific situation, implement additional security measures, and provide tailored solutions to protect your Magento-based e-commerce site effectively. A professional developer's expertise can help fortify your site against various security threats, ensuring a safe and smooth experience for your customers.