Thread: Need good antivirus software

Need good antivirus software

Well, I'm SHOCKED. I know I've been online for ages (since '98), but I can't believe there's almost no great anti virus software around anymore. I'm not interested in McAffee or Norton.

Here's what I've already used:

1. Antivira (I think it's called). That was ages ago.
    2. ESET - they used to be great & then their tech support started to dissipate & when I switched to Kaspersky it found a serious issue ESET NEVER found & neither did their online scanner. WOW. I spent a fortune on them too.
    3. Avast - I tried them out only to find out it was blocking my MOUSE. I don't care if my mouse is old (it's an ergonomic one I will never give up), what kind of software STOPS your mouse from working??? Me & my website coder lost 2-3 hours trying to figure out why the mouse wasn't working when I finally questioned Avast.

And then their tech support guy on their forum guy was an idiot telling me I should have written to them FIRST before trying to change my e-mail address. Why in the WORLD would I think of writing to them first? You should always be able to change your e-mail addy on a forum.
    4. Bitdefender - it racks up your CPU or memory & others complained about it also. I finally uninstalled it.
    5. Kaspersky - I made a mistake by paying for 2 years in advance. I've only been with this since Oct. of last year.

In the last few months I have lost tons of my time & been severely stressed out by them. Their software STOPS me from downloading software. It NEVER asks me if I want to block or allow it, IT decides on its own. It also blocked me from registering on a site.

Their tech support doesn't understand English & it took a month to get a manager to call me when they were the ones who suggested I talk to them on the phone. I had to e-mail them over & over again asking why I've never gotten a call.

Their software was updating Opera on its own, & then setting it as my DEFAULT BROWSER. They blamed it on Opera in the end, but I don't think it was Opera.

Their software is NOT user friendly & even my website coder couldn't find the instructions to stop the software or sites from being blocked. Even one of their popups has NO way to X out of it. It just stays on the screen unless I tell it to delete the software that I DO want.

And now I couldn't write up a ticket because they have a bug on their site that doesn't have options in a drop down menu.

Any other ideas? I need a quality one.

Thanks

Rad

Quote Originally Posted by rlirpa View Post
    I don't use MS products if I don't have to.

I actually have the paid version of MBAM. I'll consider that, but I thought it was only for malware.

Thanks

Since Microsoft Defender is part of Windows, it doesn't cause some of the problems that others can.

Malwarebytes.com
    Finds threats that others miss

Traditional antivirus is losing the battle against malware. Our cybersecurity technology finds malware ( Malicious Software) on 39 percent of devices that already have antivirus installed.

Malwarebytes Premium removes malware, viruses, and other threats from your device in seconds, and stops future infections with Real-Time Protection that works 24/7.
    Rad

And running Malwarebytes Premium all the time with another AV App probably isn't a good idea.

Hello there! Based on your experience with the antivirus softwares you mentioned, here are a few alternatives to try:

1. Webroot - They offer free basic protection for all their users, and enterprise solutions for businesses. It's highly rated by users, and their online threat intelligence is cutting-edge.

2. MalwareBytes - They provide a powerful combination of anti-malware and anti-exploit technology, so it not only stops threats but prevents malware from exploiting security vulnerabilities in your system.

3. Avira - Their software is lightweight and fast, scans quickly and offers features like privacy protection and parental controls.