Thread: Notification mails from Office-365 for Phish delivered due to an IP allow Policy

Notification mails from Office-365 for Phish delivered due to an IP allow Policy

we are using Office 365 and Mimecast for Email-security&backup. recently all the Office 365 admins started receiving mail notifications with the same subject line. the mail details are below..

HTML Code:
    Subject: "Phish delivered due to an IP allow policy"
    severity: "Informative"
    Activity: "Protection"
    details:  "1 message hit on xxxxxx-xxxxxx-x, sent by some.user@company.com to some.user@company.com at time month/date/year time."

Please suggest me what shall we have to do to mitigate this issue. frequently receiving such notification mails will certainly grab attention and expecting this to lead some serious problem. please help me the steps which should I take!

Did you google -> Phish delivered due to an IP allow policy

And see all the articles like this one:

https://petri.com/new-override-alert...al-safety-net/

I think you should check your IP address for DNS blacklisting. Also, I recommend checking if there are any projects that are deployed with you on the same IP address.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**
    Last edited by Angirt; February 2nd, 2023 at 03:22 PM.

To address the Mimecast notifications, consider reviewing and adjusting your IP allow policies. Verify the sender legitimacy and update policies accordingly. Also, ensure your security settings in Office 365 are robust. For added peace of mind, consider office 365 cloud backup UK. It's a good practice to safeguard your critical data, and I use it all the time; it's a real lifesaver. xx
    Last edited by RexHartman; January 18th, 2024 at 03:17 PM.