Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trojan horse

Angry trojan horse

everytime i get an instant message on aol my computer would freeze and i found two virsus on my computer called girlfriends.zip and subseven.zip. everytime i change my password i get an email withmy screen name and password on it from a mailer deamn return what can i do to get rid of the virsus.

Exclamation Possible Virii

Greetz.
    I would suggest that you first download a decently good virus protection program that includes the option to remove the virii. Something other than McAfee preferably, I can't STAND that crap. Norton is good.

I have several questions though. What virus scan program were you using to find the virii? Okay, so I only had one question... moving right along...

My desktop freezes often when sending/recieving IM's. After I defraged my hard drive, the performance of my box was much better. I suggest that you do the same. Also, check your RAM. Something might be hogging your memory, causing your box to lock up. As far as I know, when you change your password with AIM, it is standard to get a confirmation e-mail from a mail daemon verifying the new settings.

Ooh... I do have one more question... What ISP are you using? Is it local or national? Are you using AOL, or just have their Instant Messenger program?

Answer these questions, and I will see if I can provide any more advice. I hope it helps.

Good luck, and God bless!
    Usually, no one cares what I think... If I\'m lucky, maybe YOU will :-)

--Alexander Paul Baston

Computer Forensics

virus

go to www.agnitum.com and download tauscan to get rid of trojans.

and trendmicro.com for their housecall.....its a free AV program that runs from the web. this should clean you up pretty good. Then go and buy your own AV program and install it.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

thanks hogfly

i ran tauscan and it found alot of trojans and dleted it but what do i do now is the virus gone or is there sumthin else

Computer Forensics

No prob

hrmmm....run the scanner one more time.....to make sure you got it all. run the AV scanner, then install your own AV program and that should do it.

Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

av?

what av sacanner and which av program

Computer Forensics
    I believe the address is http://housecall.antivirus.com for the online scanner

then get mcafee or norton and install it.
    Antionline in a nutshell

Trust your Technolust

Angry help

hello i download tauscan and it found alot of trjans horses i think it delted by itself caused i scaned again and nothin found. now i am on aol i changed my password and when i get and istant meassage my ocmputer still freeezes i still think i have the virus what should i do?

Computer Forensics

aol locking up

are you using the newest version of AIM? If so then it is unstable and will lock up your computer sometimes. Someone could be bombing/nuking you, does it happen all of the time? or only from certain people?

Do you know what virii/Trojans you had? some may require deeper cleaning.

check the following location in the registry for things that look out of place.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/RunOnce or all of the other Run keys.

Look for out of place programs.
    Antionline in a nutshell

Trust your Technolust

Lightbulb

If all these registry keys are confusing you try start: run: msconfig

also, are you sure that it isn't just your computer?

perhaps you have an older computer with a slower processor and not enough ram.

if you would post your operating system and what version of aim you are using it would help also.