Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My computer crashed BAD!!!

Unhappy My computer crashed BAD!!!

Hi all. My computer has problems. Again.......:
    Here is the list of what went wrong.

1.)During sleep mode the comp freezes and I have to manually reboot.
    2.)I was uninstalling my sound card drivers and bundled software.
    3.)I got a fatal exception error and illegal operation during the middle of the uninstall
    4.)I rebooted cuz it froze.
    5.)Windows froze and told me my registry was bad.
    6.)Windows freezes and tells me I have a combination of illegal ops fatal exceptions and registry errors about 5 times.
    7.)During pre-win bootup I get a message saying something about corrupt XMT and then a hex code. Then it says Himem.sys is corrupt.
    8.)I try to boot into safemode No success see below
    8.)The screen goes blank and I try to reboot (no success) then I press the power-off button and it stays on.
    9.)5 min later it shuts off fine and I load windows just fine.
    10.)The sound software still loads (EAX)
    11.)Somewhere during the crashes I get a message telling me that my system monitoring program has a fatal exception and illegal Operation a few times (the sys monitor is a program that check the cpu temp fan speed ram usage ect.)
    :
    Wierd huh!
    Do you have any idea what this is?
    Do I have a serious hardware problem? (when the computer wouldn't shut off I was really scared)
    Or is it software?
    Should I format my hard-drive and start over?

Thanks for the help!

Punkin

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

Computer Forensics
    Ideas??????yeah format c:
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Sounds like windows is running perfectly.

If you don't like some of these these features, such as the scheduled coffee break periods (aka crashes), you could always install Linux.

Computer Forensics
    its not the OS that is broken.

rofl

just kidding punkin.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Thumbs down

I'd say format C: will do the job.

You don't have any problems...you have undocumented features!

Lightbulb I won't be so harsh

As everyone knows windows has a habbit of crashing and because you cannot see the source you are limited on what you can do. For this type of reason you have to make a lot of backups and recovery disks. First off I have had lockups where I have had to unplug my computer a couple of times. If you can get it to come up I would first off get rid of sleep mode. Sleep mode causes more problems than it does good. The other thing is to get The Cleaner and see if you have a virus. Have you made changes to your bios?? You could have possibly fried your board. I will think about this one and get back to you.

What type of system do you have?

Um...... just format the whole thing and re-install windows. Welcome to the world of Microsoft!

You're saved

Lawerance has blessed you with his infinate wisdom. All hail Lawrence.

format, install linux as you primary OS, have a windows partition for those apps that you cant live without that arent ported to linux (aka games)...it will make life easier in the long run
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune